Windows 10: Error message MSVCP140.dl

Discus and support Error message MSVCP140.dl in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to install Adobe Photoshop elements 2020 but the installation fails with a message syaying MSVCP140.dll was not found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keith E., Feb 13, 2020.

1. Keith E. Win User

Error message MSVCP140.dl

I am trying to install Adobe Photoshop elements 2020 but the installation fails with a message syaying MSVCP140.dll was not found

:)

Keith E., Feb 13, 2020

2. Themida Error - Cannot find 'MSVCP140.dll'.

Hi Caleb,

The error message Cannot find 'MSVCP140.dll' that you are getting may be due to a corrupted software on the computer. To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Perform an SFC (System File Checker) scan on the computer. This will revert the system files back to its default state. Please click this
      link and follow the instructions provided by
      ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP).
    • If the SFC scan doesn't work, kindly follow the instructions under DISM found on the same link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Feb 13, 2020
  3. I Update Photoshop CC 2015, then I have this message:The program can not start because MSVCP140.dll is missing and VCRUNTIME140.dl is missing.

Original title: MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll missing.

Today I Update Photoshop CC 2015, then I have this message:

The program can not start because MSVCP140.dll is missing and VCRUNTIME140.dl is missing.

Someone in Adobe says this: "With this migration, our latest version of Creative Cloud Apps will require that the VC 2015 runtimes have been installed on the system using the software in order to run correctly"

Where can I download this files.

manuelangelphoto, Feb 13, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

MSVCP140.dll

Hi,

This occurs when the program you are trying to run requires the MSVCP140.dll file to be present on your computer system. MSVCP140.dll is a Microsoft C Runtime Library file of size around 626 KB, located in the System32 folder, and is installed by Microsoft
    Visual Studio. If any DLL file goes missing or gets corrupted, you can see such error messages on your screen.

With that in mind, we'd like to know:

• Does it only affect a specific program?
    • Were you able to launch this program before?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the program?

If you have reinstalled the app the issue still persists, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio

here

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Error message MSVCP140.dl - Similar Threads - Error message MSVCP140

2. Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll": Hello.As you can see I install latest x86 32-bit: vc_redist.x86.exe and x64 64-bit: vc_redist.x64.exe. But it is have issues. I was clicking on WSASetting.exe....
  3. Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll": Hello.As you can see I install latest x86 32-bit: vc_redist.x86.exe and x64 64-bit: vc_redist.x64.exe. But it is have issues. I was clicking on WSASetting.exe....
  4. Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll": I am trying to run different applicationsgames on steam and epic games such as steam or epic games content. When I attempt to open the file my computer gives the pop-up message that "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the...
  5. Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll": I am trying to run different applicationsgames on steam and epic games such as steam or epic games content. When I attempt to open the file my computer gives the pop-up message that "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the...
  6. MSVCP140.dll Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSVCP140.dll Error: After installing gSyncit on my Surface Pro X, I received the following error: the procedure entry point_c_specific_handler could not be located in the dynamic link library c:/program files x86\microsoftoffice\root\office16\msvcp140.dll I have tried uninstalling and...
  7. MSVCP140.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSVCP140.dll error: Hello, I keep getting an error that says "the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found" while trying to install a program. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvcp140dll-error/daff9d1e-5ed5-40ab-b344-2c478c3f7042
  8. MSVCP140.dll Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSVCP140.dll Error: Hi, After installing the latest updates to Windows 10 i.e. Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004, I am getting the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Can you please help? Thanks & Regards Rupak...
  9. MSVCP140.dll is missing error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSVCP140.dll is missing error message: I am running a windows 10 version 10.0.18362 on a 64-bit Lenovo yoga 2. I downloaded Sid Meiers Civilization VI through the epic games launcher, and when I tried to launch it, I was greeted with the error message, "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was...
  10. Error msg for MSVCP140.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error msg for MSVCP140.dll: After "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03" applied yesterday 3/14/19 when I try to exec Powerpoint / Excel / Outlook, I get error msg for MSVCP140.dll Bad Image What gives, MS Word and Outlook appear to work as needed....