Windows 10: Error message on all Microsoft programs.

Discus and support Error message on all Microsoft programs. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On my laptop, on every Microsoft program, after a minute or two, I get a window stating, "We're sorry, but program name has run into an error that is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DWM2021, Apr 9, 2021.

1. DWM2021 Win User

Error message on all Microsoft programs.

On my laptop, on every Microsoft program, after a minute or two, I get a window stating, "We're sorry, but program name has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Program name will need to be closed as a result." Followed by, "Would you like us to repair now?", with three choices, "Repair Now", "Help", or "Close".

If I ignore everything and close the window the program shuts down without warning within a few minutes. Clicking the "Repair Now" does nothing, nor does the "Help" or "Close" buttons.

This happens with Word, Outlook< Publisher, Excel, etc. Every Microsoft program.

I suspect this is because of a virus? I don't know.

:)

DWM2021, Apr 9, 2021

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Error message on all Microsoft programs.

MICROSOFT MOUSE PROGRAM

I TRIED BOTH SUGGESTIONS WITH NO RESOLUTION.

I CAN NOT IDENTIFY THE MICROSOFT MOUSE PROGRAM ON MY LIST OF PROGRAMS SO THAT

I CAN UNINSTALL IT AND THE ERROR MESSAGE I GET WHICH CITES THE CONFLICT ONLY GIVES ME

THE OPTION TO UNINSTALL THE SYNAPTICS PROGRAM

richardwarren886, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Error message on all Microsoft programs.

1. Error message on all Microsoft programs. - Similar Threads - Error message Microsoft

2. Program won't work, receives Microsoft error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program won't work, receives Microsoft error message: Need a fix, for some reason I cannot get my StatTrak Address Manger to work after installing Windows 11. The error message I get is: A Microsoft Software Installer error was encountered. H80004023. Please help...
  3. Program won't work, receives Microsoft error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program won't work, receives Microsoft error message: Need a fix, for some reason I cannot get my StatTrak Address Manger to work after installing Windows 11. The error message I get is: A Microsoft Software Installer error was encountered. H80004023. Please help...
  4. error message on microsoft uupdates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error message on microsoft uupdates: I get an error message of microsoft update. I have windows 10 the update if tring to update hp printer. The error message is 0x800f020b. i would like to clear it so I can download other updates...
  5. Microsoft Store error message

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store error message: I recently purchased the HEVC extension package from the Microsoft Store to install on my laptop. When I tried to install it, the store gave me an error message "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later." I now get this message for anything I try to install...
  6. Not Responding message on all Microsoft products

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Responding message on all Microsoft products: Not Responding message on all Microsoft products: freezes system for about 15 to 20 seconds before going back to normal operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-responding-message-on-all-microsoft-products/4ba2e766-9cbb-4ea4-bee0-c2bd18d47a86
  7. Microsoft error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft error message: Hi, Please can anyone help me with the following error message that comes up when I click on a link to take me to the Windows Update Catalogue. I have been trying to add the manual fix KB4567512 to solve the problem the recent update KB4560960 caused in preventing our...
  8. All Microsoft programs Greyed OUT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Microsoft programs Greyed OUT: I have a family 360 , account. My computer is working, but another computer in the house All the Microsoft programs are greyed out. We have restarted the computer, we have re-downloaded the suite, we have ran virus software. Any ideas why the programs are not working ??? This...
  9. "no email program associated" error message in Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    "no email program associated" error message in Explorer: When I try to send a file by email from the contextual menu in Explorer I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action". However I already have Chrome selected as the email handler in Windows app settings. How do I fix this? I'm...
  10. "no email program associated" error message in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "no email program associated" error message in Explorer: When I try to send a file by email from the contextual menu in Explorer I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action". However I already have Chrome selected as the email handler in Windows app settings. How do I fix this? I'm...