Windows 10: Error Message on restarting PC

Discus and support Error Message on restarting PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I formatted and installed 10041 yesterday and I'm getting this error when I tell the PC to restart. Windows seems to be functioning properly and its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swarfega, Mar 27, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Error Message on restarting PC

I formatted and installed 10041 yesterday and I'm getting this error when I tell the PC to restart. Windows seems to be functioning properly and its probably just a quirk of the development which should just disappear in final build.

:)

swarfega, Mar 27, 2015

2. PC unexpectedly restarting, no error message, no warning

Update the Intel Chipset to version 10.1.1.7:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Intel_Chipset_Win7-8-81-10_VER10117.zip

Update the Intel Network Adapter Driver to version 20.7:

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

Readme:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25016/eng/readme.txt

You may update the BIOS to version 3003:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-GENE/MAXIMUS-VII-GENE-ASUS-3003.zip

[Video] MB EZUpdate:

[Video] MB EZUpdate | Official Support | ASUS Global

As a precaution you should backup your data files to external media before updating the BIOS.

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

When you are playing Guild Wars 2, I suggest you check your CPU processor temperature using Speccy.

Gerry C J Cornell, Mar 27, 2015
  3. PC unexpectedly restarting, no error message, no warning

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As an initial step, I suggest you to disconnect the external devices (except mouse and keyboard) and check if the issue appears. This helps to identify if the issue is caused due to any third party devices.

Let’s try the following methods and check and it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to place the computer in a clean boot state and check if there are any software conflicts.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal mode.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Method 3: Check for updates.

• Press Windows logo + R keys, enter ms-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Also be informed that, if you download drivers from third party website then there are chances of malware infection and this might cause this kind of issues.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third
    Party Software can be solved. Usage of Third Party Software are done at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 27, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

That could be more of a hardware issue than and OS issue.. have you looked up the error codes yet??

Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 27, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    I see many users reporting on this.
    I experienced the same, it seems they eventually go away.

Edwin, Mar 27, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    I doubt its hardware issue, all of the hardware is barely a year old. I suspect its particular to this build.

Nothing came up on Google with this error number.

swarfega, Mar 27, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    I usually alleviate those 'hangups' with an assortment of tweaks; use at your own discretion!

Error Message on restarting PC [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 27, 2015
  8. Error Message on restarting PC

Good to see someone else getting the same error box I am.....thought it was my machine!!

dockmaster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Error Message on restarting PC - Similar Threads - Error Message restarting

2. My PC keeps restarting without error message by an 0x00000116

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps restarting without error message by an 0x00000116: I was wondering why my PC suddenly started restarting for no reason, so i went to the Event Viewer thing to see the Windows System Protocols. And it seems to be a Blue Screen error called "0x00000116 0xffffb2816d56b010, 0xfffff80595bbe0c0, 0xffffffffc000009a,...
  3. My PC keeps restarting without error message by an 0x00000116

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps restarting without error message by an 0x00000116: I was wondering why my PC suddenly started restarting for no reason, so i went to the Event Viewer thing to see the Windows System Protocols. And it seems to be a Blue Screen error called "0x00000116 0xffffb2816d56b010, 0xfffff80595bbe0c0, 0xffffffffc000009a,...
  4. pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages: hiam having problems with my pc ever since i did an windows up date few moths ago problem is that the pc shuts down and then restarts back into windows without any error messages showing. i have replace my psu with a new one thing it could be down to power failure, reset the...
  5. pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages: hiam having problems with my pc ever since i did an windows up date few moths ago problem is that the pc shuts down and then restarts back into windows without any error messages showing. i have replace my psu with a new one thing it could be down to power failure, reset the...
  6. pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Error message and restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error message and restart: My Laptop ceaps shuting down.While i play LoL my laptop just freezes for a sec then i get : ( this saying "Windows had run in to a problem while running.We are gathering some info and will restart once done. Can anyone help i have malwerebyets and has scanned for virus but...
  8. PC has been random restarting with no bsod and no error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has been random restarting with no bsod and no error messages: Been dealing with this random forced restart for a bit now and its seeming to get worse. Where it used to be like maybe once a day it has now happened 3 times today. There is no bsod, it seems to act like a clean restart with mobo flash screens and what not. But the speccy...
  9. Error message when restarting windows 10 pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error message when restarting windows 10 pc: Hi all i get this windows defender error message when i restart my windows 10 pc everytime can anyone has an insight on this. Thanks buddies[IMG]...
  10. Error message restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message restart loop: So i was trying to restart my windows 10 acer laptop and it keeps showing the “your pc has run into a problem and needs to restart. We’re collecting some error info then restart it for you” it’s been doing this for over an hour. If anyone knows what to do please send a reply...