Windows 10: Error Message on Thinkpad Windows 10: The Specified Module Could Not Be Found

Discus and support Error Message on Thinkpad Windows 10: The Specified Module Could Not Be Found in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Thinkpad X270 with WIndows 10 Pro. I did a factory reset yesterday where I cleaned out everything on the computer, including all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaffyDuckKangaroo, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Error Message on Thinkpad Windows 10: The Specified Module Could Not Be Found

Hello,

I have a Thinkpad X270 with WIndows 10 Pro. I did a factory reset yesterday where I cleaned out everything on the computer, including all files, documents, programs. Ever since then, again yesterday, a message pops up when I open my computer -- it never did before the factory reset -- stating: "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkPad\Utilities\PWMTR64V.dll" and underneath it states: "The Specified Module Could Not Be Found." On the upper left corner of message are the letters DLL.

Does anyone know what the problem is? It's very strange because it started only after the total factory reset, and it never popped up before. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? It's very annoying because it pops up every time I open the PC now.

Thanks,

Daffy

:)

DaffyDuckKangaroo, Dec 20, 2018

2. Specified module could not be found

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with error message: “Specific module cannot be found” on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided in the following Microsoft link given below and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-not-be/809f79e3-db5e-455b-aebb-4c0f66a8babc

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Dec 20, 2018
  3. The specified Module could not be found Message for Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10, I received this Windows Message...

C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll

The specified Module could not be found

GiovannaVog, Dec 20, 2018
  4. RalphVU Win User

Error Message on Thinkpad Windows 10: The Specified Module Could Not Be Found

Error Message "The specified module could not be found." when opening Internet Explorer

After I start Windows 10/Internet Explorer I get the following error message:

C:\PROGRA~1\Common1\System\SysMenu.dll

"The specified module could not be found."

What does this mean, and how do you stop it?

Original Title : Error Message

RalphVU, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Error Message on Thinkpad Windows 10: The Specified Module Could Not Be Found

1. Error Message on Thinkpad Windows 10: The Specified Module Could Not Be Found - Similar Threads - Error Message Thinkpad

2. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”: I recently removed files relating to a HP printer that I no longer use. But each time the PC boots up, there is a notification that specified module could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 1000J\10 Series\bin\HPStatus.dll Is there a way around this?Thanks....
  3. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”: I recently removed files relating to a HP printer that I no longer use. But each time the PC boots up, there is a notification that specified module could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 1000J\10 Series\bin\HPStatus.dll Is there a way around this?Thanks....
  4. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  6. The specified module could not be found.

The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  7. RunDLL error The specified module could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RunDLL error The specified module could not be found: My computer is showing RunDLL error lately. The error indicates the path to were the missing module must be located. I checked the folder and I think the dll is related to the loading animation of the mouse cursor. This is my windows specification:Windows 11 Pro 22H2OS Build:...
  8. RunDLL error The specified module could not be found

RunDLL error The specified module could not be found: My computer is showing RunDLL error lately. The error indicates the path to were the missing module must be located. I checked the folder and I think the dll is related to the loading animation of the mouse cursor. This is my windows specification:Windows 11 Pro 22H2OS Build:...
  9. RunDLL - "The specified module could not be found."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RunDLL - "The specified module could not be found.": Hello, Every time I start my PC, I get a popup telling me that "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3520 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll". This looks like it's related to a printer that I used to have software for, but nothing shows up when I attempt to...
  10. VBS the specified module could not be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VBS the specified module could not be found: When I run a VBS file, it says: The specified module could not be found Code: 8007007E The VBS file: set A = CreateObject"WScript.Shell" A.Run "Run.bat",0 It works normally before, until last time the machine booted up with something weird "fixing C drive stage 1"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pwmtr64v error the specified module cannot be found

2. there was a problem pwmtr64v.dllnot found

3. windows 10 thinkpad pwmtr64v.dll not found