Windows 10: Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

Discus and support Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers." in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed a 2 TB Seagate backup device for primarily photos and files. Using a Microsoft 11; an HP laptop 2022 and attempting to copy from iCloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Barbara Thomas2, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

I installed a 2 TB Seagate backup device for primarily photos and files. Using a Microsoft 11; an HP laptop 2022 and attempting to copy from iCloud photos/videos or once moved to Microsoft Photos, use a copy/paste - or drag/drop; and this error comes up no matter what.All the responses and YouTube videos suggest a roll-back of Microsoft Photos app to a previous version which is not coming up as an option on my laptop.All USB and Seagate drivers updated already had the correct drivers per Microsoft.Do not see a Microsoft setting that uses these words in the error message "accept or media or

:)

Barbara Thomas2, Apr 24, 2024

2. why does my computer say update device settings to accept media transfer

why does my computer say update device settings to accept media transfer

John Contreras2, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Oscar 779 Win User
    "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

I bought a WD external storage to move important photos from my Windows PC into it for safe keeping, when I try to import files I keep getting "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers." Instead of giving me the settings feature it gives me a read more link which doesn't have the answer. I've gone through the settings on the device and still nothing indicates media transfers. It's getting ridiculous. Something that should take a half hour I'm spending days looking for a solution online, anyone have an awnser?

Oscar 779, Apr 24, 2024
  4. LesFerch Win User

Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

"Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

Which specific "WD external storage" product did you buy?

Normally, you would copy files to an external drive with a simple drag and drop or copy and paste. What do you mean by "import files"?

The error message you are seeing is something I would expect if you connect a phone and try to copy files to it. It's not an expected error with a typical external drive. Hence the need to get the details about what you're working with and exactly what you are doing.

LesFerch, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

1. Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers." - Similar Threads - Error message Please

2. Getting message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers.": I am trying to transfer videos from my JVC Everio camcorder to my laptop. I haven't used this camcorder in two years. But I have all the videos I transferred onto this laptop from two years ago. I don't have the software on the laptop so I tried using the the manual...
  3. Getting message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers.": I am trying to transfer videos from my JVC Everio camcorder to my laptop. I haven't used this camcorder in two years. But I have all the videos I transferred onto this laptop from two years ago. I don't have the software on the laptop so I tried using the the manual...
  4. Getting message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. accept media transfer device

accept media transfer device: accept media transfer device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accept-media-transfer-device/4ef8d5c7-446b-437c-8ff6-18ff5b4d34ae
  6. Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers.": I installed a 2 TB Seagate backup device for primarily photos and files. Using a Microsoft 11; an HP laptop 2022 and attempting to copy from iCloud photos/videos or once moved to Microsoft Photos, use a copy/paste - or drag/drop; and this error comes up no matter what.All the...
  7. how to update your device settings to accept media transfers

how to update your device settings to accept media transfers: I am struggling to upload my photos from my mobile to my new laptop I use Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-your-device-settings-to-accept-media/9ae9fa32-d0fc-4ef3-9041-68e4980b1b0b
  8. how to update your device settings to accept media transfers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to update your device settings to accept media transfers: I am struggling to upload my photos from my mobile to my new laptop I use Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-your-device-settings-to-accept-media/9ae9fa32-d0fc-4ef3-9041-68e4980b1b0b
  9. "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers.": I bought a WD external storage to move important photos from my Windows PC into it for safe keeping, when I try to import files I keep getting "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers." Instead of giving me the settings feature it gives me a read more...
  10. "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

"Please update your device settings to accept media transfers.": I bought a WD external storage to move important photos from my Windows PC into it for safe keeping, when I try to import files I keep getting "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers." Instead of giving me the settings feature it gives me a read more...