Windows 10: Error message restart loop

Discus and support Error message restart loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i was trying to restart my windows 10 acer laptop and it keeps showing the “your pc has run into a problem and needs to restart. We’re collecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RockerBoy20000, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Error message restart loop

So i was trying to restart my windows 10 acer laptop and it keeps showing the “your pc has run into a problem and needs to restart. We’re collecting some error info then restart it for you” it’s been doing this for over an hour. If anyone knows what to do please send a reply

:)

RockerBoy20000, Dec 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa from the link provided below and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...art-loop/d47eee3c-b3db-42ea-8f56-6b57dfe78003

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 27, 2018
  3. jimhoyle Win User
    How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Error message restart loop

Windows Update Loop with BSOD Error Message

Hello,

I'm currently in the midst of a seemingly endless update/reboot/error message loop.

Background:

I received a message that an update installation failed. It prompted me to click on it for more information which brought me to the update section of the setting window. I clicked the update button and let it check and download any updates that were available.
    It then offered to restart now or to restart at a time I was not using my PC. I chose to restart now.

Problem:

Now my PC is stuck in this seemingly endless loop:

• Black screen with HP logo
    • A teal screen that says "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer"
    • The time screen that appears before the login screen
    • When I attempt to login now I receive a generic "Other user" login screen that prompts for username and password (this will time out after about 60 seconds and take me to number 5)
    • The same black screen with the HP logo from number 1
    • The same time screen that appears before the login screen in number 3
    • This time when I attempt to log in I get my username photo already loaded and it only asks for my PIN
    • I input my PIN and I get a "Welcome" message on the login screen with the rotating loading wheel
    • The next screen looks like a desktop except the background is solid black and there are no application icons in the taskbar. On this screen is an error message titled "Your PC will automatically restart in one minute" and the caption reads "Windows ran
      into a problem and needs to restart. You should close this message and save your work." It has a close button which will close the window but nothing else changes on the window. On this screen, I cannot open the windows menu, access any applications, launch
      the command prompt, or utilize any hot keys/keyboard commands.
    • The PC now restarts at step one of this loop and proceeds through.

At this point I have watched it cycle through this about 15 times.

I cannot access any boot menus on the HP screens (steps 1 and 5) via any of the F# keys. On the log on screen "other user" the shut down button does nothing and the menu that appears when you click on it is blank. On the log on screen that has my information
    on it, the shut down menu shows Sleep, Update and Restart, and Update and Shut Down. I tried all of these options to no avail. They only restart the loop at step 1 when the PC wakes back up or restarts.

Please let me know how this can be resolved.

Nick

NickSrevic, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Error message restart loop

1. Error message restart loop - Similar Threads - Error message restart

2. Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart Loop: My laptop Dell Inspiron went through an update. When it turns on now the dell logo appears, then it says “Updates are underway. Please keep computer on” then it says “Restarting” then it turns off and restarts the loop from the beginning with the Dell logo. I have tried force...
  3. Restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart loop: Hello I have lenovo legion 5, today i was normally playing games then i saw pc power loss, just lagging and i pressed restart pc and from then it only boots to screen when shows restarting snd then actually restart and bsck to that screen, so the infinite loop for almost an...
  4. Restart loop

Restart loop: Hello I have lenovo legion 5, today i was normally playing games then i saw pc power loss, just lagging and i pressed restart pc and from then it only boots to screen when shows restarting snd then actually restart and bsck to that screen, so the infinite loop for almost an...
  5. Restart loop

Restart loop: I did a clean installation of windows 10 and it happened successsfully but lastly it said windows will restart and now it is in a loop of restart what should i do.Some thing i would like you to know..I changed something in bios boot order to usb and then changed back to...
  6. Restarting loop

Restarting loop: Hello, I have a problem with my PC because yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to clean my PC for everything so I did it.Now its cleaned but now it is where the problem starts.When I try to set the PC up with the language and timezone etc. it starts loading but then...
  7. Restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart loop: I reset my computer today, to clean it up and get a fresh start. Everything went smoothly, then windows 10 started installing. Then, about halfway through the installation, a pop up said "your pc has restarted unexpectedly or has experienced a problem." So it told me to...
  8. Error message and restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error message and restart: My Laptop ceaps shuting down.While i play LoL my laptop just freezes for a sec then i get : ( this saying "Windows had run in to a problem while running.We are gathering some info and will restart once done. Can anyone help i have malwerebyets and has scanned for virus but...
  9. "Why did my PC restart?" message loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Why did my PC restart?" message loop: Hi, After doing sysprep, my PC keep showing "Why did my PC restart?" message even after i have internet connection; the pc keep restarting and the message keep popping up. Please advice....
  10. Error Message on restarting PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Error Message on restarting PC: I formatted and installed 10041 yesterday and I'm getting this error when I tell the PC to restart. Windows seems to be functioning properly and its probably just a quirk of the development which should just disappear in final build. 4997

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rapidsolution scsi reboot after windows update