Windows 10: Error message saying non genuine Windows after windows update

Discus and support Error message saying non genuine Windows after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi all I purchased Windows 10 Pro yesterday, went to install and the system hung so i rebooted. Tried to install again and i got an error saying my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaureenV1, Sep 17, 2020.

1. MaureenV1 Win User

Error message saying non genuine Windows after windows update

hi all

I purchased Windows 10 Pro yesterday, went to install and the system hung so i rebooted. Tried to install again and i got an error saying my version of Windows was not a genuine product ? Whaaat !! Windows 10 Home came preinstalled with PC 2 yrs ago but i happen to notice an update in July 20 that matches the date that is specified as the install date 27.7.20 in my "About" section under specifications of the PC. Now my PC says its Windows 10 Enterprise ? I cant activate my purchase until i sort out the "non-genuine product" issue and keep going round in circles as to how to fix ..... has anyone else had this issue ?

:)

MaureenV1, Sep 17, 2020
  2. suraswami Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

Its the wrong system date that triggers this notification. I have done that many times, like updating the bios and clearing it, forgot to reset the date and time and windows will throw this error.

Does it show a black screen with non-genuine windows message at the bottom right corner of the screen?

suraswami, Sep 17, 2020
  3. warup89 Win User

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Error message saying non genuine Windows after windows update

Wait a sec. Yes she does have a black screen - but I thought she had only removed her wallpaper *Slap :slap: Didn't think of asking her.

And while I was there it didn't enter my mind to check the date and time. I wonder how she removed it... she surely didn't update the bios or clear cmos *Laugh :laugh:

Black Panther, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Error message saying non genuine Windows after windows update

1. Error message saying non genuine Windows after windows update - Similar Threads - Error message saying

2. Window 7 Not Genuine Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 7 Not Genuine Message: Does anyone know the "File" that the messade text Windows Not Genuine is actually located in...??? The File at has all the Windows message texts in...????I'd like to be able to access and edit/delete some of the windows message texts in that file......
  3. Window 7 Not Genuine Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 7 Not Genuine Message: Does anyone know the "File" that the messade text Windows Not Genuine is actually located in...??? The File at has all the Windows message texts in...????I'd like to be able to access and edit/delete some of the windows message texts in that file......
  4. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  5. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  6. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine)

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine): There can be a number of reasons for Microsoft to take action against you and stop Windows 10 activation by displaying the error code – 0x004f200. For example, the copy of Windows you are using is not genuine or you have not inserted the Windows Product License key for your...
  8. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy: I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the non-genuine to the newly bought genuine copy. I tried uninstalling the non-genuine product key by "slmgr -upk" in command prompt...
  9. Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows: so I have non-genuine windows if I upgrade to genuine windows will I keep all my old files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-non-genuine-windows-to-genuine/c39c0ba5-d93b-44cc-898e-63e683dcb99c
  10. Windows 10 Non-Genuine Fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Non-Genuine Fix: Swapping a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 Pro to a genuine copy of Windows 10 home. I purchased this PC second hand without knowing it was non-genuine. I am trying to remedy this. Windows is saying it cannot activate on this device because it can't connect to my...