Windows 10: Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible....

Discus and support Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; okay so lately my mouse was bugging while i was playing a video game it would change its sensitivity on its own randomly, so i did quite some research... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by C3jZi, Jan 15, 2021.

1. C3jZi Win User

Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible....

okay so lately my mouse was bugging while i was playing a video game it would change its sensitivity on its own randomly, so i did quite some research and found this, Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible.... dfdeb694-5a66-403a-8523-d7bc7e951935?upload=true.png
    so i troubleshooted and got this
    Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible.... 1494d5e4-fe0c-43f8-89d7-9b6bd1f10603?upload=true.png
    which after that i realised something is up with drivers, so i decided to download IOBit Driver Booster which should fix all that cuz it detects
    if drive3rs need to be installed nor need updates so i started to download it and it was fine but when i wanted to install it this occured
    Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible.... 19d551df-4b71-4d50-8826-da4ecec047a0?upload=true.png
    and i dont have a clue and dont know what to do ive installed the advanced system carep rogram from iobit to and it works i had an older version of driver booster on my pc but i uninstalled it and ist still showing in add or remove listing
    i am not sure if that can cause anything Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible.... 66cde9b4-28b2-4076-966a-2dc96ef5acf1?upload=true.png

i only have a C: and D: drive so i dont know what and why anyways if anyone knows how to help me with these issues the mouse and the program please reach out

:)

C3jZi, Jan 15, 2021

2. The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.

Hi Oscar. I'm Greg, an Independent Advisor here to help until this is resolved.

What works for others is to uninstall the launcher including removing any reference to it in the registry, then reinstall it from a fresh download. Steps here:

The drive or UNC share you have selected does not exist or is not accessible. - Questions
    - Escape from Tarkov Forum

The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not - Microsoft Community

Before editing the registry, set a System Restore point first so you can go back if necessary:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-r...

If this does not work at first there are other suggestions given that worked for others in the same thread. I can also help you as needed to make the registry change given, and to search the registry for any remaining keys for the launcher following this guide
    to search the registry:

Search Windows Registry Keys, Values and Settings

Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jan 15, 2021
  3. DeshenP Win User
    When trying to install VS Code - The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.

Hi there

When I try to install VS Code, I get the error mentioned in the subject

"The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another."

This started happening after my main hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall windows. VS Code was installed on another storage drive. I tried to delete it to make a fresh install so that the error would not pop up anymore (the error would pop up when VS
    Code would try to auto update).

Foolishly, I decided to delete the install folder instead of trying to uninstall. I imagine this has led me to this issue. I've tried deleting any other Code related files that reside in %appdata%, but that has yielded no results. I still get that error
    every time I run the VS Code installer.

Looking for any support that may help resolve this issue.

Thanks

DeshenP, Jan 15, 2021
  4. DTG1 Win User

Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible....

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Error message "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible.... - Similar Threads - Error message drive

2. Network Mapped drive is not accessible with Drive letter but accessible via UNC path...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Mapped drive is not accessible with Drive letter but accessible via UNC path...: Issue: Applications are unable to access the files using network mapped drive letter but accessible using UNC PathAzure VMWindows Server 2022 Datacenter Azure EditionCreated a file share from Azure storage and mounted as network drive in Azure VM using windows PowerShell...
  3. The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible GOG Galaxy error

in Windows 10 News
    The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible GOG Galaxy error: [ATTACH]Upon attempting to install a GOG game, you may encounter an error bearing the following message The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible, Please select another. Here’s what you can do to fix the problem. GOG Galaxy Game error The drive...
  4. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.: I'm getting this error message every time I try to open a USB drive. Sometimes it can be opened, but when I try to take out files it doesn't work and says "this file can cause harm to your computer," and sometimes it just crashes File Explorer.I've tried to repair it using...
  5. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.: I'm getting this error message every time I try to open a USB drive. Sometimes it can be opened, but when I try to take out files it doesn't work and says "this file can cause harm to your computer," and sometimes it just crashes File Explorer.I've tried to repair it using...
  6. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The Drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.: [ATTACH] So I have Microsoft Visual Studio code, on my work computer, but I saved it on a drive. Which I left at the office, so I tryied to reinstall Visual Studio Code, and this pops up. This is not the first time I have seen this error message, I have seen this error...
  8. The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.

The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another.: Hi! I'm trying to install Battlestate games launcher but when i try to install it, it comes up with that error message. My harddrive died yesterday. So I'm guessing that the launcher is trying to install on the harddrive? If it is so, is there a solution?...
  9. When trying to install VS Code - The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is...

When trying to install VS Code - The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is...: Hi there When I try to install VS Code, I get the error mentioned in the subject "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another." This started happening after my main hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall windows. VS...
  10. Win 10 1803 - using UNC/share to access a folder

Win 10 1803 - using UNC/share to access a folder: Ever since 1803 was 'provided' and PCs updated I have been trying to get this to work. I have read many of the posts relating to this in many forums but to no avail. Essentially the PC has SMB/CIFS File and Printer Sharing is enabled (Client and Server) "Function...