Windows 10: Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted"

Discus and support Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I get this message as in subject line whenever i try to open a jpg file. The default app to open photos is Microsoft Photos. I can open the same photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RajeshMahajan1, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted"

I get this message as in subject line whenever i try to open a jpg file. The default app to open photos is Microsoft Photos. I can open the same photos in 'Paint' though.

I also notice that i have two 'Microsoft Photos' and two 'Microsoft Store' apps showing in the list of installed apps. i can't uninstall any of these!

I can't open the Microsoft Store.

I have uninstalled McAfee, it didn't help.

System re-starts didn't help.

I have run the 'sfc /scannow' command. the result shown below for ready reference.

Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted" c67881df-4db8-42aa-aadf-10d0a1df0819?upload=true.png

System info in the enclosed pictures. Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted" a29f4c97-bfb8-4a39-9a8f-1358d19d5b92?upload=true.png Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted" 436aeffb-cc65-4294-9467-51824958b4f9?upload=true.png

:)

RajeshMahajan1, Jan 1, 2020

2. package runtime information corrupted

I tried to view pictures and videos on my Windows 10 laptop and received the message "package runtime information corrupted" on each one of them. I performed the virus check and still receive the message. Online search leads mostly to a microsoftfixit
    site that is not real. Is this a setting somewhere that has been corrupted? I find it hard to believe that ALL of my files have been individually corrupted. Thanks in advance.

GatorFrank88, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Error message:" Package runtime information is corrupted". What is this?

Hi,

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 14 R. I am able to detect my DVD drive on the computer. I believe it updated on February 6. I attempted to do a system restore to Feb. 5 but it was not successful. I installed Windows 10 on January 30 which was the next
    available restore date but was afraid I would lose some drivers listed so I did not restore at that point. I tried all of the above suggestions but am still getting the original message about runtime. There was no error code. I do appreciate your help and
    would appreciate any further suggestions.

CarolAdams95, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted"

Error message:" Package runtime information is corrupted". What is this?

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the DVD drive on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which were the latest updates installed on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code along with the error message?
    • Were you able to detect the DVD drive in Device Manager?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted registry files, outdated drivers, missing DLL files. I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Please try to run the Windows Defender to check for the virus on your device.

Refer to: Security & privacy

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted"

1. Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted" - Similar Threads - Error Message package

2. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...: Im getting this Critical Error in Event Viewer for last 7 day.I tryed ran sfc /scannow, but it doesn't show any errors.How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x3d55-package-family/0c75f25f-7c01-4a84-8b33-1bdee0b8722b
  3. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...: Im getting this Critical Error in Event Viewer for last 7 day.I tryed ran sfc /scannow, but it doesn't show any errors.How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x3d55-package-family/0c75f25f-7c01-4a84-8b33-1bdee0b8722b
  4. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...

0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...: Hello Everyone, im on the event viewer and noticed this Critical error. If anyone has some information on how to fix this i'd appreciate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x3d55-package-family/594d3626-6102-42f8-9794-c2f65fd8757a
  6. Runtime broker error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime broker error message: How can I fix the following issue that has been popping up as a message on startup the message is not exactly the same as this but similar: "runtime broker error. The instruction at "0x????????" reference memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read". Now the...
  7. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted....

0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted....: I got this error on a Windows 10 machine and have found other posts regarding this which recommended running a sfc /scannow which I did. The verification went through however informed me that not all problems were fixed. I have the log now however I am not a full on techy and...
  8. package runtime information corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    package runtime information corrupted: I tried to view pictures and videos on my Windows 10 laptop and received the message "package runtime information corrupted" on each one of them. I performed the virus check and still receive the message. Online search leads mostly to a microsoftfixit site that is not real....
  9. 0x3D55: Package family App runtime information is corrupted

in Windows 10 News
    0x3D55: Package family App runtime information is corrupted: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 comes loaded with a number of UWP or Universal Windows Platform apps. The Microsoft News, Weather, Calculator, Windows Mail, and other applications are based on Microsoft’s modern UWP platform that was introduced with Windows 10. These applications...
  10. "0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted"

"0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted": ALSO: 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.Getstarted_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue. 0x3D55: Package family MICROSOFT.XBOXGAMINGOVERLAY_8WEKYB3D8BBWE runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue. 0x3D55:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

2. 0x3d55: package family microsoft.windowsstore_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted.

3. runtime information is corrupted

4. microsoft.windowsstore_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted,
  5. 0x3D55: Package family MICROSOFT.GETHELP_8WEKYB3D8BBWE runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.,
  6. the package runtime information is corrupted ,
  7. ox3d55: [ackage famil microsoft_windowsalarms,
  8. package runtime is corrupted