Windows 10: error message "the properties for this item are not available"

Discus and support error message "the properties for this item are not available" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, This error pops up after a right click of a folder, drive or subfolder for properties and after shut down of the explorer. This only happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ddh43, Dec 15, 2016.

1. ddh43 Win User

error message "the properties for this item are not available"

Hello,

This error pops up after a right click of a folder, drive or subfolder for properties and after shut down of the explorer.
    This only happens with folders, drive or in the left side of the explorer.
    No error and display of properties of folder, drive or subfolders on the right side of the explorer
    Anyone an idea ?

Searching around : windowsupdate KB3140745 (03/2016) could be a solution.
    I hesitate to apply this update as my version 1607 dates after 03/2016 and nothing was noted on "RunAs" of registerkey
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\448aee3b-dc65-4af6-bf5f-dce86d62b6c7

Rgds

:)

ddh43, Dec 15, 2016
  2. LilyAndry Win User
    LilyAndry, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Error message "The properties for this item are not available" on right click

Hi Velan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to install all pending updates on the system and check if the issue persists. Further, try the below methods to check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System and Maintenance Troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    Control Panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on Troubleshooting and go to
    System and Security.

4. Click on Run maintenance tasks.

5. Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Check if it has improved the performance. If not, proceed to the next method

Method 2: Perform a Clean boot and check the status of the issue.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Dec 15, 2016
  4. ddh43 Win User

Hello,
    The problems disappeared with removing a memory stick from the PC.
    Several files were corrupted on this memorystick
    Formatting and explorer behave normally
    Rgds

ddh43, Dec 21, 2016
Thema:

1. error message "the properties for this item are not available" - Similar Threads - error message properties

2. Solving "The Properties for This Item Are Not Available”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solving "The Properties for This Item Are Not Available”: Right click and alt-enter on drives gives this error. But folders and files did respond to right click, and alt-enter.What is the underlying fault and how do I solve it?...
  3. Solving "The Properties for This Item Are Not Available”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solving "The Properties for This Item Are Not Available”: Right click and alt-enter on drives gives this error. But folders and files did respond to right click, and alt-enter.What is the underlying fault and how do I solve it?...
  4. Solving "The Properties for This Item Are Not Available”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Properties for This Item Are Not Available Error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Properties for This Item Are Not Available Error in Windows 10: Hi,Getting the Properties for This Item Are Not Available Error in Windows 10 after every restart.Tried adding all sorts of registry keys to the registry, running DISM and SFC scans, couldnt find any corruptions checked the CBS logs nothing works.Any suggestions?Thanks,...
  6. Properties for This Item Are Not Available Error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Properties for This Item Are Not Available Error in Windows 10: Hi,Getting the Properties for This Item Are Not Available Error in Windows 10 after every restart.Tried adding all sorts of registry keys to the registry, running DISM and SFC scans, couldnt find any corruptions checked the CBS logs nothing works.Any suggestions?Thanks,...
  7. Properties for This Item Are Not Available Error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Fix The properties for this item are not available error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The properties for this item are not available error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering the error message The properties for this item are not available […] This article Fix The properties for this item are not available error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. File Explorer ThisPC "The properties for this item are not available"

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer ThisPC "The properties for this item are not available": Windows 10 machine. In File Explorer, when I right-click "ThisPC" and select "Properties", I'm now getting ther error message "The properties for this item are not available". I am aware of no recent changes that would cause this. I have done everything suggested in the...
  10. The Properties for This Item Are Not Available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Properties for This Item Are Not Available: When I right click items in the 'devices and drives' section of my computer I get the error, "The properties for this item are not available". I am still able to get properties on the folders, it seems to be just the devices and drives. I have checked health, completed...