Windows 10: Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified

Discus and support Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot restore my computer because I keep getting this error message: Script: c:\users\<Removed>\rasautou.vbs Line 3 Char 1 Error: The system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PamZF, May 23, 2020.

1. PamZF Win User

Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified

I cannot restore my computer because I keep getting this error message:

Script: c:\users\<Removed>\rasautou.vbs

Line 3

Char 1

Error: The system cannot find the file specified

Code: 80070002

Source: null

And I cannot copy and paste because it wont' let me do that either.

I need assistance please from someone

[Original Title: error message]

:)

PamZF, May 23, 2020
  2. Raven2099 Win User

The system cannot find the file specified

In my downloads folder uis a file/folder

I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.*

files/folder will not delete

Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified [​IMG]

Suggestions? Ideas?

Raven2099, May 23, 2020
  3. file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 23, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

ERROR 53 message

Hello,

Run-time Error 53 indicates that there is a missing Windows component. A program you're trying to use will display that error message if the program is attempting to use a dynamic link library, or DLL, file that has been deleted or was never installed properly.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try to run
    System File Checker
    . It will scan for corrupted files and restore it.

If that didn't work, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified - Similar Threads - Error Message system

2. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  3. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  4. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  6. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  7. System Cannot Find the File Specified

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Cannot Find the File Specified: Hi I've been experiencing this popup every time I start up windows. It just happened and I don't know what's wrong, what caused it and how to remove it. I've been scouring the internet for help but can't seem to find any effective resolution. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  8. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Support
    The system cannot find the file specified: In my downloads folder uis a file/folder I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.* files/folder will not delete [img] Suggestions? Ideas? 131559
  9. System cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System cannot find the file specified: Whilst trying to add legacy hardware and updating my 'Audio Device on HD Audio Bus', it successfully found the driver I needed for it(Realtek HD Audio), but it came up with the message 'system cannot find the file specified'. How do I prevent this so I can actually install an...
  10. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I try to access a file to upload to a hosting site I get “The system cannot find the file specified.” How can I correct this issue? I am currently away from my pc, so I cannot upload any screenshots. Steve 113437

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system cannot find the file specified external