Windows 10: Error message "this application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be...

Discus and support Error message "this application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently downloaded and installed a demo version of Stellar's Data Recovery software to see if I could salvage some files from a malfunctioning USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 3dwells, Dec 7, 2018.

1. 3dwells Win User

Error message "this application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be...

I recently downloaded and installed a demo version of Stellar's Data Recovery software to see if I could salvage some files from a malfunctioning USB drive. I ended up finding another solution and never ran the software. I ended up removing it using the Windows uninstall tool. When I rebooted my computer the next day, the message "This application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be initialized" popped up in a box with a OneDrive label. I now can view but not access files on OneDrive like I normally would with File Explorer. Google Chrome also stopped working (it wouldn't start at all). I reinstalled Chrome and it is now working but I still get the same message at startup and OneDrive does not work. What are my options to repair this?

:)

3dwells, Dec 7, 2018
  2. lucasio1 Win User

QT platform plugin missing

Hello,

I probably (accidently) deleted my QT platform plugin now I get this warning when widows starts:

"This application failed to start because it could not find or load the QT platform plugin "windows" in**,

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

How do I reinstall the application?

Thanks,

Lucasio

lucasio1, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Qt platform plugin

when ı start google earth, i received this message "this aplication failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows""

atillaaksoy, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Error message "this application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be...

Heneral Luna, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Error message "this application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be...

1. Error message "this application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be... - Similar Threads - Error message application

2. Update.exe -This application could not be started

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update.exe -This application could not be started: Two days ago when I started up my Desktop PC I tried to launch Discord an application for talking to people online, however, I received this message. [ATTACH] After reading the error message over I clicked yes and downloaded the .NET Framework file. However, once I tried...
  3. Onedrive error because no Qt platform

Onedrive error because no Qt platform: [ATTACH] as picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-error-because-no-qt-platform/f3b7020c-851d-4264-a300-b38ffc1bca03
  4. Autocad2016: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

Autocad2016: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Hi. What should I do to fix this? When click the Shortcut of Autocad 2016 this message appeared: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more...
  5. Bully: Scholarship Edition Error: This application has failed to start because its side by...

Bully: Scholarship Edition Error: This application has failed to start because its side by...: I got this game called Bully: Scholarship Edition and when I tried to play it it gave me the error of "This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect" I have been searching all over the internet for a solution and i had found...
  6. application failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect (windows 10)

application failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect (windows 10): Hello, when i try to open an app it dispalys this error: [ATTACH] The event viewer displays this: [ATTACH] Thanks in advance for the help!...
  7. Finding & loading the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finding & loading the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "".: [ATTACH] The attached message keeps popping up on my screen, I don't know which application supposedly didn't start. Is the message legitimate? What do I need to do to stop the message popping up &, if there is a problem, fix it? Please keep in mind that computer jargon is...
  8. Application Installation Error Message

Application Installation Error Message: Installing program that has installed on other computers I get an error message: "Error registering the application removal tool executable with Windows" What is the likely cause or the fix needed? Is the problem something missing in this Windows installation or something...
  9. Application fails to start errors

Application fails to start errors: After update in Windows 10 (7/2/2018), multiple application start failures: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application." Any fixes?...
  10. Explorer.exe The server process could not be started because the...

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe The server process could not be started because the...: Hi, I just upgraded to windows 10 today, and when I try to log in the first message it gives me is a ridiculous long error code, and wont let me do anything. "c:windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is not available....." or something rather. Can't open the start...