Windows 10: Error message: "This email is part of a reserved domain" while changing Primary sign-in...

Discus and support Error message: "This email is part of a reserved domain" while changing Primary sign-in... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Can someone assist me? I had an email of mine for over 20 years which was my primary sign-in into my Microsoft account. Yesterday I messed it up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bas Venkataram, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Error message: "This email is part of a reserved domain" while changing Primary sign-in...

Hi

Can someone assist me? I had an email of mine for over 20 years which was my primary sign-in into my Microsoft account. Yesterday I messed it up and got another email as the primary. My original email has now become "Account alias". I was the "account alias" to be the actual email instead of some other email acting on behalf. How do I do it?

I was creating an alias email address from the this account , I did create an alias but some reason I have no access to this account. I have to use the alias address account for now onwards.

Which I do not want.

How can I reverse this to get my original account address back.

when I am trying to create the same account as alias, it is giving me this error message:

This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

There is a thread for similar issue back in 2018, but that is not for Windows 10 though.

Please assist.

Thanks

:)

Bas Venkataram, Sep 26, 2020
  2. mlass Win User

This email is part of reserved domain.

I'm trying to add my daughter to my Windows 10 laptop Users. I get the error, this email is part of a reserved domain. It's my domain name, set up as work, and set up on my laptop as work account (added to Azure too). Now, why can't I add her? I added
    my wife.

What is the reason for Reserved Domain?

mlass, Sep 26, 2020
  3. CRagland Win User
    Correcting primary email address to HOTMAIL.COM

Correcting primary email address to How to change/replace GMAIL.COM email address erroneously entered as Microsoft account during system setup with HOTMAIL.COM address? Tried to create a primary alias but I get an error message saying that HOTMAIL.COM is
    a reserved or protected domain.

CRagland, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Error message: "This email is part of a reserved domain" while changing Primary sign-in...

this email is part of a reserved domain issue 2020

I clicked "update info" in "settings - accounts - your info" and attempted to add my Microsoft account but keep having the message
    "this email is part of a reserved domain. please enter a different email address" pop up.

what does it mean and how do i get around it to add my Microsoft account to my computer?

cheers

Error message: "This email is part of a reserved domain"  while changing Primary sign-in... 93a1eef1-d2e5-4bc3-9715-64d0c4f5330f?upload=true.png

MelonieSheppard, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Error message: "This email is part of a reserved domain" while changing Primary sign-in...

1. Error message: "This email is part of a reserved domain" while changing Primary sign-in... - Similar Threads - Error message email

2. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I did a stupid thing today. The way the primary email address for my account was spelled with caps has been bugging me and today I decided to change it. The email was ******@msn.com and the ****** was all caps. Since I could not just change it, I added another alias which was...
  3. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I did a stupid thing today. The way the primary email address for my account was spelled with caps has been bugging me and today I decided to change it. The email was ******@msn.com and the ****** was all caps. Since I could not just change it, I added another alias which was...
  4. MS sends code to which i can't access? email is part of reserved domain?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS sends code to which i can't access? email is part of reserved domain?: microsoft wants pin number , entered forget pin, says it will send code to att email, can't get access to email, can't create new email, outlook claims email is part of a reserved domain, stuck with a new dell laptop that microsoft won't open....
  5. Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I changed my account alias from a live.com email to a gmail.com.Now I seem to have problems accessing my onedrive. I would like to revert to my live.com email however i'm getting this msg : "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address."Can...
  6. Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I changed my account alias from a live.com email to a gmail.com.Now I seem to have problems accessing my onedrive. I would like to revert to my live.com email however i'm getting this msg : "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address."Can...
  7. Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reserved Domain Email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reserved Domain Email: I removed my Email address from my Xbox account and replaced it with my son's so that he could keep the Gamer tag, now my Email address is deleted and when I try to access it I get the message that it is part of a "Reserved Domain", who can fix this, I have 25 years of my...
  9. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address." Error

This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address." Error: I built a PC back in July 2018 and I was going to use my normal hotmail account to sign in, but I used a different ones to avoid parental controls. Well, those controls are fixed now and I wanted to use my hotmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as my main email,...
  10. this email is part of a reserved domain issue 2020

this email is part of a reserved domain issue 2020: I clicked "update info" in "settings - accounts - your info" and attempted to add my Microsoft account but keep having the message"this email is part of a reserved domain. please enter a different email address" pop up. what does it mean and how do i get around it to add...