Windows 10: Error Message: THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved partition."

Discus and support Error Message: THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved partition." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to "update" my Windows 10 OS, I get the following error message, THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnCimasi, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Error Message: THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved partition."

When I try to "update" my Windows 10 OS, I get the following error message, THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved partition."

However, my PC is indeed NOW running Windows 10, Pro Version 1803, OS Build 17134.885. What can I do about this?

MY COMPUTER:

Device specifications
    Device name Processor
    Installed RAM Device ID Product ID System type Pen and touch
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
    3.07 GHz
    12.0 GB
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    No pen or touch input is available for this display

:)

JohnCimasi, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Anthony Gal, Sep 23, 2019
  3. We couldn't update the system reserved partition - Windows 10 1803 Updates won't install

The usual suggestion is to clean it out.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3086249/we-couldn-t-update-system-reserved-partition-error-installing-windows

Are you implying DISM is showing a message about bootmgr? What is the message exactly? You may need to use a different DISM syntax and point to a /source:

Otherwise it may be bogus. For a possibly related incident see

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/windows-10-update-kb3213986-fails-repeatedly-with/46d9b1af-71a6-4d39-acaf-c3882047ac12

What are the details for that?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 23, 2019
  4. jimlau Win User

Error Message: THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved partition."

Reserved Partition Error - Fix Doesn't Work

When I registered my Windows 10 and went for updates, I got the stated error message (couldn't update the system reserve partition). On Microsoft's site, they list the steps you need to take to rectify the error. I was simply trying to follow the instructions.

Apparently, I have insufficient space on the System Reserved partition.

jimlau, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Error Message: THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved partition."

1. Error Message: THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved partition." - Similar Threads - Error Message CAN'T

2. Windows could not update system reserved partition error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not update system reserved partition error: Hello Am currently doing windows 10 updates, windows is throwing a system reserved partition error. What is root cause of it and how can i resolve it. Attached is the snip of what windows update setting is showing.[ATTACH]...
  3. Windows 10 Update Error - "We couldn't update the system reserved partition".

Windows 10 Update Error - "We couldn't update the system reserved partition".: Hello, I am writing because I am trying to finish a Windows Update and I'm having a lot of problems getting it done. The error I keep getting is regarding the Partition and no matter what I do still gives me that error. I have done a fair bit of work already and I've come...
  4. we couldn't update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't update the system reserved partition: Trying to download Windows 10 (I have Windows 7) here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I go through that DL process and it shoots an error message: "we couldn't update the system reserved partition" and I find this is a pretty common error message...
  5. This system can't run Windows 10 - system reserved partition

This system can't run Windows 10 - system reserved partition: My computer, which has run Windows 10 for many years, keeps coming up with an update message of: [ATTACH] I have seen some posts about looking on the Disk management - where all posts show a System reserved Partition - however when I look at my Disk management I don't see...
  6. we could'nt update the system reserved partition.

we could'nt update the system reserved partition.: Error message "We could'nt update the system reserved partition" after running Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-update-the-system-reserved-partition/97a17595-6890-4613-9392-19f51f90a9d5
  7. Help - This PC can't run Windows 10 - We couldn’t update system reserved partition

Help - This PC can't run Windows 10 - We couldn’t update system reserved partition: Running Windows 10 Pro and been prompted to update my copy of Windows 10, but every time I try i get the same error 'We couldn’t update system reserved partition.' I get the error code 0xc1900201. My partions look like the below, could it be because the System Reserved...
  8. Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition

Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition: I have been unable to update to the most recent version of windows 10 because whenever I click update an error pops up saying could not update system reserved partition. I think all I have to do is simply increase space in the partition but because the partition is a primary...
  9. We can't update the system reserve partition

We can't update the system reserve partition: Every time I try to update and install windows 10 I get this error. It seems as if my reserve partition is too small to download windows 10. How would I go about fixing this issue. I have had a dual boot of linux in the past but got rid of it months ago. 14707
  10. We couldn't update the system reserved partition

We couldn't update the system reserved partition: I have googled this issue a lot and I see a lot of things that can be done but I some are not working. My partitions look different so its a little strange. When I try to upgrade to 10, I get the error message "We couldn't update the system partition". I had an older SSD that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error this pc cant run windows 10

2. this pc cant run windows 10

3. this pc cant run windows 10 update error

4. this pc cant run windows 10 error when its already on windows 10