Windows 10: Error message trying to install an CD game

Discus and support Error message trying to install an CD game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to see if a CD game will work on Windows 10. I tried installing it today and it looked like it was working, but wasn't sure. I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kim S, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Kim S Win User

Error message trying to install an CD game

I am trying to see if a CD game will work on Windows 10. I tried installing it today and it looked like it was working, but wasn't sure. I decided to uninstall it and try again. Then I got an error message saying "Setup has detected the unInstallShield is in use, please close out and try again." It was a 432 error. I tried rebooting it and it says the same thing. Any idea how I fix this, outside of taking it to a computer place?

:)

Kim S, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Trying to install an old game from cd on Windows 10.

Hi Miller,

The installation may not be proceeding because of some conflicts the program encounters in Windows 10. For us to help you better, please answer these questions:

• Do you get any error messages when you install the program in Windows 10?
    • What suggestions have you looked into and tested?

We suggest installing the game patches in compatibility mode to allow it to run in Windows 10. You may also need to alter some settings for the game to work well in your current operating system.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 10, 2020
  3. itsover65 Win User
    CD drive error

I was trying to install dead space on my computer, and the CD drive is not listed under my computer. Upon looking in device manager I can see that the drive has an error, and windows says it's driver related. I have no idea what to do from here, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.*Toast :toast:

Error message trying to install an CD game cd%20drive.jpg

itsover65, Feb 10, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Error message trying to install an CD game - Similar Threads - Error message trying

2. Error message while trying to burn an audio cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message while trying to burn an audio cd: I was trying to burn an audio cd and while it was doing so I received an error that some tracks couldn't be burned?. and I have read other helps but am a novice and can't seem to find the way to fix or troubleshoot it. And now when I try to get my cd out and close the media...
  3. error message trying to install vcredist_ia64

error message trying to install vcredist_ia64: "This setup program requires an x64 platform. It cannot be installed on this platform" tried to install all the c++, but the error is still happening...
  4. error message when trying to download a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error message when trying to download a game: ive been trying to get a game all day but keep getting error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-when-trying-to-download-a-game/eced1972-5a9d-4ac9-8287-ae894c88e81d
  5. Error message on Windows Media Player when trying to burn a music cd.

Error message on Windows Media Player when trying to burn a music cd.: I have Windows 10 and when I try to burn a music cd I get an error message that says some files couldn't be burned to disk. The songs that would not burn have a red X beside them. The cd never starts to burn....
  6. I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game: I don't know exactly how to ask this but is there any way to get this game to work? It is specifically skyrim se from steam. When installed I keep getting these 3 error messages. I tried googling what theyre from and I thought it had something to do with dirext x so I tried...
  7. Error Message while trying to log in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Message while trying to log in: I tried to access a website and the following message appeared: Your connection is not private...Attackers might be trying to steal your information from (name of link) for example passwords, messages, or credit cards. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID How can I correct...
  8. Installation error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation error message: Hello All, I am trying to install google input too for Windows 10 64 bits and while in the mid i get an error message as follows, I have more than enough disc space and I did restart the pc twice still the same issue, is anyone face this issue and is there a solution for it -...
  9. Installing an old game via CD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing an old game via CD.: I am trying to install an old game via CD, but I can't install the game because it requires Windows XP to Windows 7 to install. If it helps, I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to find Compatibility Mode for the CD Drive via File Explorer. Does anyone know a workaround?...
  10. Class Not Registered Error When Trying To Install A Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Class Not Registered Error When Trying To Install A Game: So I spent several hours last night waiting as the Sims 2 installed from Origin. When it came time for the setup to finish I got an error. C:\WINDOWS\system32\REG.exe Class not registered. I've searched the Internet and can't find anyone with this exact issue....