Windows 10: Error message trying to install an CD game

Discus and support Error message trying to install an CD game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to see if a CD game will work on Windows 10. I tried installing it today and it looked like it was working, but wasn't sure. I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kim S, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Kim S Win User

Error message trying to install an CD game

I am trying to see if a CD game will work on Windows 10. I tried installing it today and it looked like it was working, but wasn't sure. I decided to uninstall it and try again. Then I got an error message saying "Setup has detected the unInstallShield is in use, please close out and try again." It was a 432 error. I tried rebooting it and it says the same thing. Any idea how I fix this, outside of taking it to a computer place?

:)

Kim S, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Trying to install an old game from cd on Windows 10.

Hi Miller,

The installation may not be proceeding because of some conflicts the program encounters in Windows 10. For us to help you better, please answer these questions:

• Do you get any error messages when you install the program in Windows 10?
    • What suggestions have you looked into and tested?

We suggest installing the game patches in compatibility mode to allow it to run in Windows 10. You may also need to alter some settings for the game to work well in your current operating system.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 10, 2020
  3. itsover65 Win User
    CD drive error

I was trying to install dead space on my computer, and the CD drive is not listed under my computer. Upon looking in device manager I can see that the drive has an error, and windows says it's driver related. I have no idea what to do from here, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.*Toast :toast:

Error message trying to install an CD game cd%20drive.jpg

itsover65, Feb 10, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Error message trying to install an CD game - Similar Threads - Error message trying

2. When trying to install game it displays error message but file type for game is not showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to install game it displays error message but file type for game is not showing...: To elaborate more on the question since i ran out of characters I am trying to install a game but that error message comes up. The file type for the game is .url but when I go to the default apps to associate an app with that file type the file type isnt even there even...
  3. When trying to install game it displays error message but file type for game is not showing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to install game it displays error message but file type for game is not showing...: To elaborate more on the question since i ran out of characters I am trying to install a game but that error message comes up. The file type for the game is .url but when I go to the default apps to associate an app with that file type the file type isnt even there even...
  4. Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?: I am currently trying to burn some songs onto an empty CD, but none of the methods I have tried have worked and I keep getting the two error messages. “D:\ The directory name is invalid” and “Windows media player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...
  5. Error Decompressing Data! Corrupt Installer? CD/DVD game installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Decompressing Data! Corrupt Installer? CD/DVD game installation: Hi,I've been having problems with a CD/DVD installation. Every time I get to the same part of the installation it says "Error Decompressing Data! Corrupt Installer?". The CD/DVD consists of 5 games, 4 have installed successfully but the 5th keeps stopping the setup...
  6. game error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game error message: so when I try to launch Minecraft windows 10 edition I get an error message saying: to use this here remove another device but I only have 3 devices linked to this Microsoft account and the limit is 10 can anyone help please?...
  7. installing an old game CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing an old game CD: I have an older game CD that I would like to install on my computer that has windows 10. I insert the disk and click install when the options screen comes up but it will not install?? Any help is appreciated. It works fine on other computers....
  8. Error message while trying to burn an audio cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message while trying to burn an audio cd: I was trying to burn an audio cd and while it was doing so I received an error that some tracks couldn't be burned?. and I have read other helps but am a novice and can't seem to find the way to fix or troubleshoot it. And now when I try to get my cd out and close the media...
  9. error message trying to install vcredist_ia64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error message trying to install vcredist_ia64: "This setup program requires an x64 platform. It cannot be installed on this platform" tried to install all the c++, but the error is still happening...
  10. error message when trying to download a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error message when trying to download a game: ive been trying to get a game all day but keep getting error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-when-trying-to-download-a-game/eced1972-5a9d-4ac9-8287-ae894c88e81d