Windows 10: Error Message when Attempting to "finish" and "export" video on MS Video Editor

Discus and support Error Message when Attempting to "finish" and "export" video on MS Video Editor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Created 1 hour video using the MS Video Editor with pics, custom music. Looks great. Now attempting to "finish" and "export" I'm getting an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkeSanderson2, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Error Message when Attempting to "finish" and "export" video on MS Video Editor

Created 1 hour video using the MS Video Editor with pics, custom music. Looks great. Now attempting to "finish" and "export" I'm getting an error message. I have tried restarting, using a completely different file name, different save locations.... closing everything else except the editor... Need to save into a format that I can show in an upcoming event. Thank you.

:)

MarkeSanderson2, Aug 19, 2021
  2. JoKlein1 Win User

Exporting and finishing video from video editor

Hi,

I have been trying to finish and export a video I created on video editor. I repeatedly get an error message reading couldn't save the video. The file is in use. Try again later, or choose a different file name. Here's the error code, in case you need it:0x80070020

thanks

JoKlein1, Aug 19, 2021
  3. Raniel V. Win User
    Video Editor Export

Hi Kelsey,

Thank you for your feedback.

When using the video editor app, go to the upper right hand part of the window and click on "Finish Video", then click on Export to save it on your desired folder or location.

Once the export has been completed, it should automatically save as an .MP4 file.

You may verify it by doing a right click on the video and selecting properties. The type of file should be "MP4 File (.mp4)".

Please let me know if the issue persist even after trying the steps above. Thank you.

Raniel V., Aug 19, 2021
  4. Error Message when Attempting to "finish" and "export" video on MS Video Editor

Video editor export error

Hello,

I have created a 40 minute video for my college seniors on the Microsoft Video Editor, but when it begins the export process, I receive an error message with the code 0x80004005. I've been unable to determine what the problem is. Thanks for your help.

AndrewMeade, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

Error Message when Attempting to "finish" and "export" video on MS Video Editor

1. Error Message when Attempting to "finish" and "export" video on MS Video Editor - Similar Threads - Error Message Attempting

2. Every Video Editor freezes/crashes when exporting the video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Video Editor freezes/crashes when exporting the video: This is actually a question that has already been asked but the replies werent helpful so I am gonna ask it again because I have this problem. I wanna start making videos for fun and upload them as mp4 on youtube but everytime I export the video from any video editor I have...
  3. Video Editor not exporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor not exporting: I have tried literally everything. I have tried using smaller resolutions, not using hardware accel, resetting the photo app, restarting the photo app, reinstalling the photo app, updating window, used troubleshooters that said they COULDN'T fix the problem, and have even...
  4. Video Editor not exporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor not exporting: I have tried literally everything. I have tried using smaller resolutions, not using hardware accel, resetting the photo app, restarting the photo app, reinstalling the photo app, updating window, used troubleshooters that said they COULDN'T fix the problem, and have even...
  5. Error Message when Attempting to "finish" and "export" video on MS Video Editor

Error Message when Attempting to "finish" and "export" video on MS Video Editor: Created 1 hour video using the MS Video Editor with pics, custom music. Looks great. Now attempting to "finish" and "export" I'm getting an error message. I have tried restarting, using a completely different file name, different save locations.... closing everything else...
  6. Editing an exported video created through MS Photo Video Editor

Editing an exported video created through MS Photo Video Editor: How can I edit a video I have created and then exported. I want to make some adjustments but cannot access the editing tools any more. If I have to stop halfway through creating a video how can I save it so I can work on it again?...
  7. Video Editor Export

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Editor Export: I tried to export my video on to my computer. The video saved as a video file. I cant upload a video file to the internet or youtube. How do I export the video as an .MP4 or something that I can share online ?...
  8. Exporting and finishing video from video editor

Exporting and finishing video from video editor: Hi, I have been trying to finish and export a video I created on video editor. I repeatedly get an error message reading couldn't save the video. The file is in use. Try again later, or choose a different file name. Here's the error code, in case you need it:0x80070020...
  9. Video editor export error

Video editor export error: Hello, I have created a 40 minute video for my college seniors on the Microsoft Video Editor, but when it begins the export process, I receive an error message with the code 0x80004005. I've been unable to determine what the problem is. Thanks for your help....
  10. Video Editor not exporting

Video Editor not exporting: When I go to export my video project, the progress bar gets to <10%, and the app becomes unresponsive and freezes. A file is created, but it cannot be opened, has 0B size, and no thumbnail. I've tried repairing the app, resetting it, and turning hardware acceleration off,...