Windows 10: Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin

Discus and support Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was able to find a few threads referring to this same issue but they were dated several years ago and after trying everything that was suggested in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SumarWarren, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin

I was able to find a few threads referring to this same issue but they were dated several years ago and after trying everything that was suggested in that thread I gave up. When attempting to run Origin I get 2 messages that are almost identical "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found." and "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found." they both say reinstalling Origin may fix the problem but I've tried everything. This is a new computer so this is the first time I have tried to install Origin on it and I have never had this issue. Does anyone have any solutions to this issue that worked recently?

:)

SumarWarren, Apr 6, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    ERROR 53 message

Hello,

Run-time Error 53 indicates that there is a missing Windows component. A program you're trying to use will display that error message if the program is attempting to use a dynamic link library, or DLL, file that has been deleted or was never installed properly.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try to run
    System File Checker
    . It will scan for corrupted files and restore it.

If that didn't work, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, Apr 6, 2020
  4. n2bn2b Win User

Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin

1. Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin - Similar Threads - Error Message Attempting

2. When attempting to RDP into server. Error message - rdp_basic_settings_exchange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When attempting to RDP into server. Error message - rdp_basic_settings_exchange: I have a Server running Server 2019 and moved it from one domain to another, but then I got failures, and returned it back to the original domainEach time I RDP to the server I get a message that says error: rdp_basic_settings_exchangeI have run sfc /scannow and it makes no...
  3. When attempting to RDP into server. Error message - rdp_basic_settings_exchange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When attempting to RDP into server. Error message - rdp_basic_settings_exchange: I have a Server running Server 2019 and moved it from one domain to another, but then I got failures, and returned it back to the original domainEach time I RDP to the server I get a message that says error: rdp_basic_settings_exchangeI have run sfc /scannow and it makes no...
  4. When attempting to RDP into server. Error message - rdp_basic_settings_exchange

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OpenGl error when attempting to run Minecraft

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OpenGl error when attempting to run Minecraft: I have a brand new desktop from Dell equipped with AMD Radeon 5700xt GPU. For some reason, I can't find any credible sources for how to ficx the OpenGL error that pops up when I try to run Minecraft. This is ultra upsetting. Some one help me. I don't want to download anything...
  6. Error Message When Attempting to Update or Install Anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error Message When Attempting to Update or Install Anything: As the title implies, I am unable to download or update anything via the Microsoft store. I tried resetting the app using settings and it did absolutely nothing. This is the error code I get for both; Code: 0x80004005 submitted by /u/thick_stick- [link] [comments]...
  7. Run error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Run error message: Hello. On start up I keep getting run error message Program: C... What is this and how can I repair please? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-error-message/15d88b04-12f6-4239-97b7-2d971b221ac5
  8. DCOM errors when attempting to run ashx scripts

DCOM errors when attempting to run ashx scripts: I just got a new Surface Pro 6 and I've installed IIS, Visual Studio Code, etc., but I can't get ashx scripts to run on this PC. Even the simplest ashx script fails to run. The same scripts run on other Windows 10 machines. I've set the same options in IIS. I am getting...
  9. Error message when running sfc /scannow

Error message when running sfc /scannow: I get an error message when running scannow saying that some files are corrupt and could not be fixed. How do I fix them? My laptop seems to be in an unstable state. Thanks for your help...
  10. "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything

in Windows 10 Support
    "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything: Last night I was running sfc /scannow, which completed and said it found/fixed errors, and uninstalling some software (in retrospect something I shouldn't have done at the same time) and suddenly I couldn't run any apps. Whenever I attempt to launch anything either by double...