Windows 10: Error Message When Attempting to Update or Install Anything

Discus and support Error Message When Attempting to Update or Install Anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title implies, I am unable to download or update anything via the Microsoft store. I tried resetting the app using settings and it did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thick_stick-, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Error Message When Attempting to Update or Install Anything

As the title implies, I am unable to download or update anything via the Microsoft store. I tried resetting the app using settings and it did absolutely nothing.

This is the error code I get for both; Code: 0x80004005

submitted by /u/thick_stick-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thick_stick-, Feb 15, 2021

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Feb 15, 2021
  3. n2bn2b Win User
    Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Feb 15, 2021
  4. niko084 Win User

Error Message When Attempting to Update or Install Anything

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Error Message When Attempting to Update or Install Anything

1. Error Message When Attempting to Update or Install Anything - Similar Threads - Error Message Attempting

2. "Install error - 0x80070bc9" when attempting to install the latest update KB5027223

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Install error - 0x80070bc9" when attempting to install the latest update KB5027223: I am at my wits end on this issue although I am thankful at least that the issue does not seem to affect the regular use of the device - so it's a minor problem in the grand scheme of things. The title is a good summary of the issue, seen here:For whatever reason, ever since...
  3. "Install error - 0x80070bc9" when attempting to install the latest update KB5027223

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Install error - 0x80070bc9" when attempting to install the latest update KB5027223: I am at my wits end on this issue although I am thankful at least that the issue does not seem to affect the regular use of the device - so it's a minor problem in the grand scheme of things. The title is a good summary of the issue, seen here:For whatever reason, ever since...
  4. When attempting to RDP into server. Error message - rdp_basic_settings_exchange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When attempting to RDP into server. Error message - rdp_basic_settings_exchange: I have a Server running Server 2019 and moved it from one domain to another, but then I got failures, and returned it back to the original domainEach time I RDP to the server I get a message that says error: rdp_basic_settings_exchangeI have run sfc /scannow and it makes no...
  5. When attempting to RDP into server. Error message - rdp_basic_settings_exchange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When attempting to RDP into server. Error message - rdp_basic_settings_exchange: I have a Server running Server 2019 and moved it from one domain to another, but then I got failures, and returned it back to the original domainEach time I RDP to the server I get a message that says error: rdp_basic_settings_exchangeI have run sfc /scannow and it makes no...
  6. When attempting to RDP into server. Error message - rdp_basic_settings_exchange

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Update Error 0x800F0831 when attempting to install KB5013942

Windows Update Error 0x800F0831 when attempting to install KB5013942: I have attempted to install KB013942 for Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 for x64-lbased systems three times and have received error 0x800F0831 each time. The message says to retry, which is what I did. It also said to contact support. Two other updates installed the same day were...
  8. Error 0x800f0922 when attempting to install update KB5003173

Error 0x800f0922 when attempting to install update KB5003173: I've spent the past two hours attempting to resolve the above error. Whenever I attempt to install the latest update, I receive the error message "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing Changes. Don't turn off your computer." I have tried all the fixes listed in these...
  9. Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin: I was able to find a few threads referring to this same issue but they were dated several years ago and after trying everything that was suggested in that thread I gave up. When attempting to run Origin I get 2 messages that are almost identical "The code execution cannot...
  10. "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything

in Windows 10 Support
    "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything: Last night I was running sfc /scannow, which completed and said it found/fixed errors, and uninstalling some software (in retrospect something I shouldn't have done at the same time) and suddenly I couldn't run any apps. Whenever I attempt to launch anything either by double...