Windows 10: error message when coping to external drive

Discus and support error message when coping to external drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get this error message when copying from my OneDrive folder to an external drive, the external drive has plenty of free space. i'm using 176gb of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BradfordHart, Aug 12, 2019.

1. error message when coping to external drive

I get this error message when copying from my OneDrive folder to an external drive, the external drive has plenty of free space.

i'm using 176gb of 1tb of my OneDrive space.

error message when coping to external drive 948ae662-721e-49f3-8c89-5234aed5d6f7?upload=true.jpg

:)

BradfordHart, Aug 12, 2019

2. Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, Aug 12, 2019
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 12, 2019
  4. error message when coping to external drive

WD Elements external drive

Hi Edward,

To assist you further, I would like to ask some questions:

• Do you get any error message?
    • How are you connecting your External Drive to your computer?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Click on "Hardware and Devices" from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

error message when coping to external drive

1. error message when coping to external drive - Similar Threads - error message coping

2. External hard drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive error: I was transferring files to my external HDD LaCie Rugged Mini USB3, and my computer turned off because of an error during the transfer. After I turned it back on, the drive was identified as a Local Drive H:, and I can no longer access the files on it. Now, when the disk is...
  3. Automatically Creating Copes of Image Files on External Hardrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Creating Copes of Image Files on External Hardrive: I am getting a lot of photo files, too many for my laptop's internal drive. So, I want to make copies of them on an external hard drive. I would like this for three reasons:1. To have additional copies in case of a drive failure;2. To make space on my laptop's internal drive;...
  4. Automatically Creating Copes of Image Files on External Hardrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Creating Copes of Image Files on External Hardrive: I am getting a lot of photo files, too many for my laptop's internal drive. So, I want to make copies of them on an external hard drive. I would like this for three reasons:1. To have additional copies in case of a drive failure;2. To make space on my laptop's internal drive;...
  5. Error message when trying to access files from an external hard drive in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when trying to access files from an external hard drive in file explorer: I have an 2.0TB Seagate external drive attached by USB when I try to open some of the files in file explorer I get the message "Location not available - H:/ ***********. is not accessible. The request failed due to a fatal device hardware failure" I have attached a...
  6. Error when transferring files to external hard drive

Error when transferring files to external hard drive: When transferring image files from laptop to an external hard drive I continue getting an error message saying there is not enough space in the computers picture files to complete the transfer. This is not making sense to me as I am trying to transfer the images from the...
  7. "Access is denied" error message on any external storage, external hardrive, cd drive,...

"Access is denied" error message on any external storage, external hardrive, cd drive,...: Hello, I am getting "access is denied" whenever I try to insert any device via the usb port, external hard drive, usb flash drive, my android phone, camera and even the cd drive. The devices would appear though on file explorer with a generic name but cannot be opened. I...
  8. Coping files and ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    Coping files and ownership: I created a partition on a USB and copied files to it. I took the USB to another PC that I use as backup and plugged the USB in and created a share for the partition. I thing tried using both Xcopy and Robocopy to copy files from the original PC to the back up and kept...
  9. External Hard Drive Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Error: My external hard drive is showing an error. G:\ is not accessible. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. Does anyone know how to fix it without formatting it? Have a lot of file on there that I'd like to recover if possible. Any advice would be greatly...
  10. Getting error message when Win 10 starts on external HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting error message when Win 10 starts on external HD: Hope I'm in the right place for this. I've had Win 10 now for about a week and I've had some glitches but I've found solutions to them. However, for the past 3 days I'm getting an error message when Win 10 starts about my Recycle Bin on my external hard drive, which is a...