Windows 10: Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle?

Discus and support Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday my laptop started running really slowly for no apparent reason. I tried a whole host of things. I was at it for over 12 hours straight. I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vladin Heir, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle?

Yesterday my laptop started running really slowly for no apparent reason. I tried a whole host of things. I was at it for over 12 hours straight. I got nowhere. I just tried to power cycle it, and things seem to be running fast again, which is great, really, but when I tried to open File Explorer, I also got this error message.I can't make the window bigger to show more details, so this is what I have to work with. I haven't dismissed it yet, I want to know if there are any steps I should take to resolve this.

:)

Vladin Heir, Aug 15, 2022

2. Feb 2019: File explorer keeps freezing after opening a file

Hi Casey,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the files/folders. I also appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you getting any specific error code/error message while trying to open the file?
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the device?
    3. Which version of Windows are running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running for the information.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Method 1

Restart Windows Explorer

1. Click on Start, type in “Task Manager
    2. Now go to Process tab. Click on Windows Explorer and
      Restart.
    3. Then check the status of the issue.
    4. If the issue still persist, try with the method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to try the suggested steps from the article Fix File Explorer
    if it won't open or start
    and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Motim Win User
    File Explorer Error

Hello,Recently I'm getting error messages in windows file explorer after deleting or moving folders, they are still in the list. But pointing at them, get this error message, see attached screen shot. Have to restart the file explorer in Task Manager.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

Win 10 1809 x64 17763.1075

Motim, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle?

Files not opening from Desktop or File Explorer - no error message.

Hello,

Since installing Windows 10, I have been unable to open files from the Desktop Icons, or listed files like My Documents, and My Pictures. File Explorer does not open either, and there is no error message. Right click, double click, enter, all yield the same
    results...nothing. It's like my command just disappeared into the ether. I've run the DOS CMD scan and no issues were found, and all of my updates are current and installed. I'm finally reaching out because I'm tired of continuing to forget which back door
    I figured out how to use to find my files last time I wanted them. So I'm open to suggestions...Thank you in advance, and I'll let you know what works. - Tim

TimothymilesHurley, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle?

1. Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle? - Similar Threads - Error message opening

2. File Explorer Error - Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Error - Will Not Open: Using Windows11. I can go to MY COMPUTER and open up File Explorer and it works. But if I pin the icon to my task bar, and continue to access it from my Task Bar I am getting an Event Error and it is not opening. Have tried recreating the Task Bar icon several times. Any idea...
  3. File Explorer Error - Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Error - Will Not Open: Using Windows11. I can go to MY COMPUTER and open up File Explorer and it works. But if I pin the icon to my task bar, and continue to access it from my Task Bar I am getting an Event Error and it is not opening. Have tried recreating the Task Bar icon several times. Any idea...
  4. Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle?: Yesterday my laptop started running really slowly for no apparent reason. I tried a whole host of things. I was at it for over 12 hours straight. I got nowhere. I just tried to power cycle it, and things seem to be running fast again, which is great, really, but when I tried...
  5. Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle?: Yesterday my laptop started running really slowly for no apparent reason. I tried a whole host of things. I was at it for over 12 hours straight. I got nowhere. I just tried to power cycle it, and things seem to be running fast again, which is great, really, but when I tried...
  6. Error when opening explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when opening explorer: Hi, A problem occurs quite often when I open Microsoft Edge on my windows laptop. The different windows shows up in the explorer as so. Do you have any idea how to fix this problem? Thanks, Simon [ATTACH]...
  7. error message when try to open zipped file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error message when try to open zipped file: How do I open a zipped file -I have a password to enter not sure how/where? please advise... when I try to open the zipped file -- why do I get error message below. windows cannot complete the extraction , the destination file could not be created-error how do I...
  8. "We can't open this file" message in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "We can't open this file" message in File Explorer: This morning I attempted to view a few jpg's in File Explorer and found it generated this message: "We can't open this file"... I can't open any image any longer... It worked beautifully last night... I want to be able to continue to use File Explorer... I searched the net...
  9. Monitor power cycling after October Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor power cycling after October Update: HI, After installing the last update of win10 my main monitor (Acer 27'') will not get past the brand flash screen, it just powers on and off at a rate of 2 seconds. Its a new monitor has been working as it should until the update and the other two monitors are working...
  10. File Explorer error message

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer error message: I just tried to open explorer.exe and got: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action..." The program works fine if I click on a folder--it just won't open on its own. I had this problem (without the error message) in Win 7, but it...