Windows 10: Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

Discus and support Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jacob Derrick, May 16, 2023.

1. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated.

:)

Jacob Derrick, May 16, 2023

2. Unable to save files correctly to network share with read & write permission

Saving any file to network share folder brings up an error message:
    z:\test2.xlsx
    "You don’t have permission to modify files in this network location.

Contact the administrator per permission to make these changes"

Facts:

1. Saving any file to the local PC is fine
    2. This issue happened only when user have permissions (Read & Write) but when I give modify permission its working fine.
    3. A file with the correct name and extension is created but it is 0kb. If you save the exact same
    file again and try to overwrite the 0kb file then the document saved correctly the second time .

1. When I tried to use 'Simple Tools' such as notepad also have the same symptoms
    (only able to create 0kb file initially, and then when you save a second time it saves correctly).

MOCCAE User, May 16, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, May 16, 2023
  4. paulbasel Win User

Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

Network Error Message when saving files in Office Programs

I hope this is the correct forum. I have a Windows 10 desktop with Office 2007 installed. When I save a file from any of the Office programs I receive an network error message:

"Windows cannot access \\ASUSMAIN\documents2" The error code is 0x80070043.

ASUSMAIN is the name of my desktop but I don't have a folder anywhere on it with the title of "documents2". I have searched for information on how to delete a network share but haven't been able to find how to do it.

I have a small home network and do not use a Homegroup. I have no trouble accessing the other devices on the network. This error only occurs when saving files with Office programs, not with any other program. It appears to be a network share problem but I am not sure.

It may have something to do with the "Offline editing options for document management server files" in the Office programs options menu because when I try to change the path location and folder, it kicks the same error.

I hope someone can offer some help.

Paul

paulbasel, May 16, 2023
Thema:

Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

1. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files" - Similar Threads - Error message saving

2. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  3. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  4. when shared file accessed it display lockedout error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when shared file accessed it display lockedout error message: hello guysi have tried to shared data within our domain, but after inserting the ip address of the pc which has the required data, it displays "the referenced account is currently logged out and you may not be logged on to" error message, i have check the server pc and...
  5. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  6. Error to save file on the network share.

Error to save file on the network share.: Hello team, The initial configuration was: Server - Windows 2012 not R2 !, workstations - Windows 7. current configuration: The server is the same; some workstations upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 2004 it sometimes gives an error on windows 10 comps when you try to access or...
  7. Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files

Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files: I have an older Asus laptop running Windows 10 64 bit....I get an error message "there are not more files" when attemting to save a file from Open Office, Photoshop, or e-mail attachments....I can save from Microsoft word and Excel.... ***Changed title from error message...
  8. error message there are no more files

in Windows 10 Customization
    error message there are no more files: I have an older Asus laptop running Windows 10 64 bit....I get an error message "there are not more files" when attemting to save a file from Open Office, Photoshop, or e-mail attachments....I can save from Microsoft word and Excel.......
  9. Error 6118 when attempting to save image file to network location

Error 6118 when attempting to save image file to network location: Hi All, I am attempting to save an image file from my reference machine to a specified network location. Unfortunately, I keep receiving: Error 6118: The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available. It would appear, after doing some research, that...
  10. Network Error Message when saving files in Office Programs

Network Error Message when saving files in Office Programs: I hope this is the correct forum. I have a Windows 10 desktop with Office 2007 installed. When I save a file from any of the Office programs I receive an network error message: "Windows cannot access \\ASUSMAIN\documents2" The error code is 0x80070043. ASUSMAIN is the...