Windows 10: Error message when shutting down the PC?

Discus and support Error message when shutting down the PC? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I shut down my PC I get a message that I can't read because it disappears immediately and the typical Windows sound is also I ask for your help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Erjob, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Erjob Win User

Error message when shutting down the PC?

When I shut down my PC I get a message that I can't read because it disappears immediately and the typical Windows sound is also

I ask for your help

:)

Erjob, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Taz100420 Win User

Kasperskys shutting itself off

I awoke this morning to a error message saying that kasperskys has encounter a error and shuts off, then I restart and about 10 mins later does it again. any suggestions?

Taz100420, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Pc shut down randomly with no error message

Sounds like you might have bad RAM. Have you run it through Memtest86? If your RAM checks out, check that your CPU is not overheating. If that is ok, then it will most likely be your power supply. Follow these steps in this order and let me know what you find. Thanks!

Harry Palms, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Error message when shutting down the PC?

Pc shut down randomly with no error message

Hi so before I start with my problem sone basic information about my pc.
    Core i7-5820k at base clock
    Sabertooth x99 motherboard
    Be quiet! Dark rock 3
    Be quiet silent base 800 wit a side panel windows (I'll return to that later)
    Seasonic platinum 1000w
    2 WD drive (1tb blue 4tb red)
    Ssd samsung evo 850 500gb.
    Lg ODD
    Corsair fans ( all fans are corsair sp140 and af120 except the one on the cooler.)
    Gtx 980 ti windforce
    Creative sound blaster zxr
    4x4gb Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 2400mhz
    Now the peripherals (asus rog swift pg278q,logitech proteus g502,corsair k70 rgb,logitech 5.1 channel speakers)
    2 ups: pce 600w for monitor and pc and 340w pce for speakers plugged in the same outlet.the small one is 5 years older than the other one.
    Note: I though my outlet wasn't grounded properly but I got a reading of between 2-5 ohm so it's not the issue.
    Sorry for the long spec list but I guess it's gonna be important.

So the problem is that my pc is shutting down randomly with no reason or error code. When I turn it back one no problemshow up... it turn on normally. But I've been seeing that it's taking longer to boot from the ssd but usually when copying files on it the speed is normal.when the error happen the ups are on and doesn't beep or something. (One time I heard some noise coming out from on of the 2 before the pc shut down...strange)it happen when I'm gaming or when working on light task not specific. Today when turning the thing back on it started applying windows 10 updates...not sure if it's related.I have normal temps and the failure rate of my psu is relatively small as it costed me 250$.voltage is very accurate as I can see in the bios ... approx 0.992 volt at base clock. I dont understand what's happening (I did a bios update before and it started shutting down randomly...before it gave an asus anti surge error but it wasn't grounded and reverse polarized. Now everything is fine and it still shut down randomly but with no error. It turn on very normally after this. My bios version is 2001 now.my ups aren't pure sine wave ups and my ups is pfc... could it be the cause? Give me your though. Id like to work toward fixing this from the simplest software tweaks first and then the harder stuff like changing psu parts ecT.thanks.
    EDIT: I just paid attention that my ups aren't trusted ones... but it remains on when the problem happen.could it hopefully be a ups problem? I opened my event viewer and found an error ID 6008 when the shutdown happened and it said pc shutdown unexpectedly. Dont know if it helps.
    Also I tested using a voltage monitoring software got on the 12v rail 12.000v and on the 5v 5.05v on the 3.3v rail 3.344 volt and on vcore i got 0.992v from the bios.all this numbers are at idle and without the upses...also when I removed the ups the pc didn't shut down bUT on ups backup it didn't even make it to the desktop ( 3 random shutdown in 45 minute, without the ups no shutdown in 1h30 approx, I shut down the pc myself) do you think it's the ups issue? Or further testing is needed? If so which?
    NOTE: this thread have been posted on tomshardware with no actual reply. I'll keep up the 2 threads and update with infos from both sites and will post the solutions on the 2 websites so if someone after me get this problem he will be able to solve it...thanks

Eliomiller, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Error message when shutting down the PC?

1. Error message when shutting down the PC? - Similar Threads - Error message shutting

2. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT When shutting down PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT When shutting down PC: Hi, I have been getting a ton of PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Blue screens at a variety of times, but mainly when I'm plugging in my Headset or shutting down my PC. Here is the minidump for the error code:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 4eTypically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists...
  3. pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages: hiam having problems with my pc ever since i did an windows up date few moths ago problem is that the pc shuts down and then restarts back into windows without any error messages showing. i have replace my psu with a new one thing it could be down to power failure, reset the...
  4. pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages: hiam having problems with my pc ever since i did an windows up date few moths ago problem is that the pc shuts down and then restarts back into windows without any error messages showing. i have replace my psu with a new one thing it could be down to power failure, reset the...
  5. pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages

6. error message causing my pc to shut down and restart when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message causing my pc to shut down and restart when gaming: hi all, ive been having trouble with my pc ever since i installed my new mobo and cpu. it shuts down completely and then restarts every time I play a game, specs below. error listed aswellCPU: Ryzen 5 5600xMotherboard: Msi b550 bazookaRAM: 16 gb Corsair veangeance pro...
  7. Error Message as PC is shutting down - PC Shuts down faster than I can read the error...

Error Message as PC is shutting down - PC Shuts down faster than I can read the error...: Hello,When I go to shut down Windows, I see the usual screen that lists apps that need to be closed before the computer can shut down. Usually I just wait and my PC then shuts down it's self.However, ever since I installed a Net Framework update, which is only a guess, I am...
  8. AcStBmhE.exe error when shutting down pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    AcStBmhE.exe error when shutting down pc: AcStBmhE.exe error when shutting down pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acstbmheexe-error-when-shutting-down-pc/a38f41a0-9cb9-4fe0-a7a6-5e5fd7928d65
  9. Problem when shutting the PC down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem when shutting the PC down: Whenever I try to shut down my computer a dialog comes up "Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could lose unsaved work." There is a button we can click, "Shut down anyway." Who is that "someone else"? No-one else is using the PC. The dialog comes...
  10. PC shuts down when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down when gaming: Whenever I try to game, or run a benchmark test, my system shuts off. This problem seems to of started when installing an additional monitor, though thats not a guarentee. I am assuming the Problem is with my PSU however, i have checked, and it should provide sufficient...