Windows 10: Error message when starting a word document ot Excel file.

Discus and support Error message when starting a word document ot Excel file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I attempt to open a Word file or an Excel file I get this message: Updating office please wait a moment this message is in a red box . . . . . .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mat Bobsil, May 3, 2020.

1. Error message when starting a word document ot Excel file.

When I attempt to open a Word file or an Excel file I get this message:

Updating office please wait a moment this message is in a red box

. . . . . . . . after several seconds . . . . .

Application unable to start correctly 0xc0000142.

These files that I am unable to access now are old and have been used many times

I appreciate any help you can give!!

:)

Mat Bobsil, May 3, 2020

2. ALL OF MY EXCEL & WORD DOC FILES

Hi Daniel,

We would like to know more about your concern. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are the Excel and Word documents the only files affected?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 3, 2020
  3. yapchagi Win User
    Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

in my case, I don't need to restart windows. Closing cortana completely will make opening word and excel files fast like usual.

yapchagi, May 3, 2020
  4. Error message when starting a word document ot Excel file.

Unable to open Excel or Word

I am unable to open a specific Excel File or Excel or Word at all. It shows and error message (-2147163890). Any suggestions

RalphDaMario, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Error message when starting a word document ot Excel file.

1. Error message when starting a word document ot Excel file. - Similar Threads - Error message starting

2. error messages when using word and excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error messages when using word and excel: hello, i'm getting the error messages below when opening word and excel documentsalso, the document has "unlicensed document" at the top next to the file namei bought the home & student version a few years agoonce i find the license number, how do i correct these...
  3. error messages when using word and excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error messages when using word and excel: hello, i'm getting the error messages below when opening word and excel documentsalso, the document has "unlicensed document" at the top next to the file namei bought the home & student version a few years agoonce i find the license number, how do i correct these...
  4. error messages when using word and excel

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  6. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  7. After Update Excel/Word do not start error message 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Update Excel/Word do not start error message 0xc000007b: Immediately after an automatic update, I am unable to open any Office file, Excel, Word, etc. Naturally, it happens just as I need documents to finalize a critical business deal - this is crippling. I am getting the error message 0xc000007b and it says the app is unable to...
  8. After Update Excel/Word do not start error message 0xc000007b

After Update Excel/Word do not start error message 0xc000007b: Immediately after an automatic update, I am unable to open any Office file, Excel, Word, etc. Naturally, it happens just as I need documents to finalize a critical business deal - this is crippling. I am getting the error message 0xc000007b and it says the app is unable to...
  9. Reopening Word/Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reopening Word/Excel Documents: I was just wondering if there's a way to get programs such as Word or Excel to re-open your documents/files you had open before shutting down. I typically have anywhere from 4 to 12 word documents open and I don't shut down my computer anymore because it's a hassle to reopen...
  10. Excel will not open at all and Word is saving documents as blank. Also getting error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel will not open at all and Word is saving documents as blank. Also getting error message: I cannot open Excel at all. Word documents will open but are saving blank and now I'm getting the following error: C:?Windows/System32/msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original...