Windows 10: Error message when switching from Windows10S to Windows 10

Discus and support Error message when switching from Windows10S to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need to get out of S mode so I can load Zoom and other apps I need. I am getting error message 0x80190005. Please advise.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AdamMorel1, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Error message when switching from Windows10S to Windows 10

I need to get out of S mode so I can load Zoom and other apps I need. I am getting error message 0x80190005. Please advise.

:)

AdamMorel1, Jun 9, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 9, 2020
  4. n2bn2b Win User

Error message when switching from Windows10S to Windows 10

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Error message when switching from Windows10S to Windows 10

1. Error message when switching from Windows10S to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Error message switching

2. Windows10 activation message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 activation message: I have had my laptop for 6 years and I bought it with Windows installed. When the free upgrade to Windows10 became available I updated. This last few days I am getting an error message to activate. I spent over an hour with Microsoft helpdesk and was given a new code which...
  3. Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10?: I just got a Dell laptop and it has Ubuntu pre-installed, and as much as I'm trying to like it, I still prefer Windows. Several of the applications in Windows just can't be found in Ubuntu and their substitutes are not as good. Now, I can't afford to buy the official version...
  4. Switching from Linux mint to windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Linux mint to windows10: Hey im running linux mint 19.3 Tricia on my dell latitude e6500, HDD: 240GB CPU: intel core2 duo T9600 @ 2x 2.801GHz RAM: 1194MiB / 3924MiB MEM: 1394MiB / 3924MiB. It Came with win7 installed, i upgraded to win10, then switched to linux mint using bootable usb. I wiped my...
  5. Error message when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Error message when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7: I keep getting the following error message when I try to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: 0x8007001F-0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation What does this mean?...
  6. WINDOWS 10 ERROR MESSAGE WHEN INSTALLING

WINDOWS 10 ERROR MESSAGE WHEN INSTALLING: what is error 0xc1900223 and what does it mean. I bought Windows 10 for my laptop and got this message when trying to install. When will I be able to install Windows 10?...
  7. Error Message When Installing Windows 10

Error Message When Installing Windows 10: [IMG] Becaise my computer was running slow, I decided to reser my computer. However, every time it was on the bootup screen, it would display the message seen in the picture. Clicking OK will just repeat the process (the message will eventually show up again.) If soneone can...
  8. Windows10 Error Message After loading Windows10 the following error is generated: Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 Error Message After loading Windows10 the following error is generated: Windows...: After loading Windows10 the following error is generated: Windows error: c:\windows\system32\eed_ec.dll Missing entry: speedlauncher but this file is loaded: 06/26/2015 10:27 AM 1,848,320 eed_ec.dll 1 File(s) 1,848,320 bytes What steps must I take...
  9. Problem with AutoIt Error message Windows10

Problem with AutoIt Error message Windows10: Hi, because of an odd behavior with my usb devices, recently I scanned with McAffe my laptop software that includes Windows 10 Home 64 bits O.S. The antivirus detected and stored in quarantine 16 files infected with LNK/Trojan-FPXQI or Generic Trojan j.. Most of this files...
  10. Error Message when Upgrading Windows 10 from 1607 to 1803

Error Message when Upgrading Windows 10 from 1607 to 1803: I get the following error message when trying to update from my current version of Windows 10 version 1607 to version 1803: [ATTACH] I have spent hours on the phone with Microsoft Help Desk folks, but no luck finding a solution other than wipe my computer to install the...