Windows 10: error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC

Discus and support error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get the following message when trying to install google cloud print to my windows PC: "the installer encountered and error 0x80070704; The specified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by April_D, Apr 15, 2019.

1. April_D Win User

error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC

I get the following message when trying to install google cloud print to my windows PC: "the installer encountered and error 0x80070704; The specified port is unknown". Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you!

:)

April_D, Apr 15, 2019
  2. parent55 Win User

Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds

Hi Gerald, I followed your instructions and after doing the "clean boot in Windows" process the Google Cloud Print driver did install correctly.

I am now trying to use the installed Google Cloud Print driver to print to my son's HP Connect registered ePrint enabled Web Services printer. This seems like a Google problem at this point. However if that changes, then I may come back for more suggestions
    error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC :)

I appreciate your prompt and helpful response to my posted problem.

Rich

parent55, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Cloud Print

Hi,

I do not to install my printer on my local PC/ Lappy. instead I want to print directly from my MD office or word directly to my printer using a cloud (like Google)

Q2. I need to install my printer in MS cloud / One Drive

Please guide me step by Step

AshwinKumarAK, Apr 15, 2019
  4. pcuaron Win User

Can't install Google Cloud Print on Win10: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing

Hello. I need to install Google Cloud Print in my computer, as it is the only way for me to share a printer on my network (it's a long story, but believe me). The installer debugs this error message:

Code:
    Code:
    [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(370)] Unable to open printer [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(320)] Print driver is already uninstalled. [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(263)] File is missing: XPSSVCS.DLL [1103/184546:ERROR:setup.cc(305)] Unable to add printer driver [1103/184546:ERROR:setup.cc(402)] Unable to install driver. [1103/184546:INFO:setup.cc(543)] The specified printer driver was not found on the system and needs to be downloaded. HRESULT=0x80070bcb
    It appears it requires some Windows 7-era XPS printing feature that was removed on Windows 8+. The old style control panel Windows' features list says that all the XPS software is installed, though. I've tryed to install what the Google Cloud Print page links to, a Vista-era MSFT complement to Windows (Download Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack from Official Microsoft Download Center), but the installer says that the signing certificate is invalid. And I can't find XPSSVCS.DLL on the .cab files of the installers.

I REALLY need to install Google Cloud Print. Any ideas on how to do it?

Thanks!!

Edit: here's a support post that may or may not help https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium...ail?id=267207#

pcuaron, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC - Similar Threads - error message trying

2. Trying to make mailing labels in ACCESS --when trying to print error message on name and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to make mailing labels in ACCESS --when trying to print error message on name and...: Making mailing labels using ACCESS......Doing it as I always do. When previewing the label, I get "error" in stead of names, and "error" instead of city/state. How to eliminate this issue? Then I get a message about parameters, and the word TRIM. I have no idea what/where to...
  3. Trying to make mailing labels in ACCESS --when trying to print error message on name and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to make mailing labels in ACCESS --when trying to print error message on name and...: Making mailing labels using ACCESS......Doing it as I always do. When previewing the label, I get "error" in stead of names, and "error" instead of city/state. How to eliminate this issue? Then I get a message about parameters, and the word TRIM. I have no idea what/where to...
  4. Error when trying to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when trying to print: when i select the printing preference on my epson surecolor s30600, i get an error message, you cannot print with this driver ? i have downloaded latest drivers, tried reinstall, but always get this message when i try to print ? ***Modified title from:epson surecolor...
  5. error message when trying to print

error message when trying to print: Hello, Yesterday morning, I printed a document on my Canon 5751 totally all right. When I went to print another document in the afternoon, so o switching off inbetween, I got the error message 0x8007007e, whether printing onto cutepdf or the printer. Nothing works. Can...
  6. Error when trying print a picture

Error when trying print a picture: I want to print a set of pictures I have saved. I cant do this. I have tried printing individually and all together but I keep getting an error. I have tried uninstalling the printer from my computer and reinstalling it wont work. I have set the printer to default...
  7. Error message when trying to print picture on hpsprocket

Error message when trying to print picture on hpsprocket: Hi, My desktop computer HP Envy runs the Windows 10 64-bit OS. I purchased the HP sprocket photo printer because after some research I discovered that you could connect this device to a desktop computer via Bluetooth and just send photo files to the printer to print which...
  8. Google Cloud Print is dead as of December 31, 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Google Cloud Print is dead as of December 31, 2020: Google has announced that Cloud Print, its cloud-based printing solution, is being retired at the end of next year. It's an early heads up, yes, but it's a necessary one. Cloud Print is pretty widely used. Google recommends that users of Cloud Print identify an alternative...
  9. Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds

Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds: I have the latest build for Windows 10 Pro installed. I just downloaded virtualprintersetup.exe from the Google site. The driver fails to install, no error code. I see other locked threads where this has been a problem in the past. How do I fix this installation problem?...
  10. Can't install Google Cloud Print on Win10: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing

Can't install Google Cloud Print on Win10: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing: Hello. I need to install Google Cloud Print in my computer, as it is the only way for me to share a printer on my network (it's a long story, but believe me). The installer debugs this error message: Code: [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(370)] Unable to open printer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google cloud print the installer encoutered an error the specified port is unknown