Windows 10: Error message when trying to scan

Discus and support Error message when trying to scan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am getting on my Samsung Xpress C1860 Printer/Fax/Scanner an "I/O error while communicating with the device. Please wait and try scanning again, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ely5431, May 26, 2020.

1. Ely5431 Win User

Error message when trying to scan

I am getting on my Samsung Xpress C1860 Printer/Fax/Scanner an "I/O error while communicating with the device. Please wait and try scanning again, if it does not help,please turn the device off, then switch it on and wait while it warms up". However, I've tried this and it does not resolve the problem. I have a desktop Dell Inspiron 3650.

:)

Ely5431, May 26, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, May 26, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    ERROR 53 message

Hello,

Run-time Error 53 indicates that there is a missing Windows component. A program you're trying to use will display that error message if the program is attempting to use a dynamic link library, or DLL, file that has been deleted or was never installed properly.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try to run
    System File Checker
    . It will scan for corrupted files and restore it.

If that didn't work, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, May 26, 2020
  4. Error message when trying to scan

Error Message? What does it mean?

Hi there Castiel. From the looks of it I think you have a not so bad, but about to be bad case of spyware. I had this issue a few weeks ago and it got really bad and I got the same error message. Try downloading and running a boot time scan of Spybot (below). Then also try to run the Smitfraud Fix. Smitfraud fix is targeted directly at a certain trojan that is very commonly found all over the internet. Let me know how it goes *Toast :toast:

Spybot (first download in the list) its free
    http://www.spybot.com
    /en/download/index.html

Smitfraud fix
    Official SmitFraudFix Page

Chicken Patty, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Error message when trying to scan

1. Error message when trying to scan - Similar Threads - Error message trying

2. Error Message when trying to give consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message when trying to give consent: Team, I am trying to provide consent for my son's account. I am getting the error: Something's not working It's not you, it's us.I think perhaps I selected USA for my son's account when setting it up, and my account as parent has a different country.that said, I was chatting...
  3. Error Message when trying to give consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Message when trying to give consent: Team, I am trying to provide consent for my son's account. I am getting the error: Something's not working It's not you, it's us.I think perhaps I selected USA for my son's account when setting it up, and my account as parent has a different country.that said, I was chatting...
  4. Error message 0x8024a105 when trying to scan for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message 0x8024a105 when trying to scan for Windows Update: Hello, I started to get warnings about windows updates and that my device "is missing important security and quality fixes". I try to scan for updates but I constantly get error 0x8024a105. I found some methods online and tried them out, but no luck: Method 1: I did the...
  5. error message when trying to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error message when trying to print: Hello, Yesterday morning, I printed a document on my Canon 5751 totally all right. When I went to print another document in the afternoon, so o switching off inbetween, I got the error message 0x8007007e, whether printing onto cutepdf or the printer. Nothing works. Can...
  6. Error: Couldn't download - virus scan failed message when trying to download a program

Error: Couldn't download - virus scan failed message when trying to download a program: I'm trying to download a program and keep getting a "Couldn't download - virus scan failed message" I have deleted MacAfee, changed Windows defender/ firewall settings, nothing works? ***Modified title from: Download Issues***...
  7. error message when trying to download a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error message when trying to download a game: ive been trying to get a game all day but keep getting error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-when-trying-to-download-a-game/eced1972-5a9d-4ac9-8287-ae894c88e81d
  8. Error message when trying to open photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when trying to open photos: I just downloaded some photos from Google Photos and now my computer won't let me open any photos to view them, it says: "The operation was not completed because an unexpected host ID was encountered." I downloaded the Google Photo app recently before this started happening....
  9. error message when scanning to email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error message when scanning to email: when I try to scan to email wit a hp2622 I get the error message "hp scan application is unable to open your email application, check email configuration email works ok, but I cannot find email stings for the scanner...
  10. Error Message When Trying To Burn To Disk

Error Message When Trying To Burn To Disk: Hi.. I am getting an error message when I try to burn Window 10 to a DVD. I used a double layer with 8.5 GB. I have an older computer and it will not work with a thumb drive. Here is the error message when I try to burn it: Status: This disk image didn't burn...