Windows 10: Error message when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Discus and support Error message when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep getting the following error message when I try to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: 0x8007001F-0x20006 The installation failed in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeannieAllen1, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Error message when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

I keep getting the following error message when I try to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10:

0x8007001F-0x20006

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation

What does this mean?

:)

JeannieAllen1, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Error message when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Error message when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

1. Error message when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Error message upgrading

2. Error when Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear Microsoft Windows team, "Error: 0x80070570 - 0x2000D The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" I have a problem when I tried to upgrade my old laptop which is currently running on Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 errors: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 via the Microsoft upgrade via the web site and wished I never did. I have had nothing but problems ever since. Some files do not show correctly and only show rows and rows of coding, others do not show in full screen, etc....
  4. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade crashes at 32%, no error message

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade crashes at 32%, no error message: Hi, I'm trying to upgrade Windows 7 Premium to Windows 10 Home. At the blue install screen, the install process completely exits with no error message at 32% every time. I've gone through all of the recommended preparation, including removing peripheral hardware, non-OS...
  5. Error 0x80070020-0x90018 when upgrading from Windows 7 to 10

Error 0x80070020-0x90018 when upgrading from Windows 7 to 10: While upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10, I received error code: 0x80070020-0x90018. How do I fix this this? ***Modified title from: windows 7***...
  6. Error: 80004004-40019 when upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Error: 80004004-40019 when upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Trying to update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to warning of 14th January 2010 cut off from future updates. I received error Code: 80004004-40019. Anyone Know how to fix this?? Cheers. ***Modified title from: Updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10***...
  7. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error: I've tried to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate 6 times, and every time I get this error: "We couldn't install Windows 10 We've set your PC back to the way it was before you started installing Windows 10 0x800F0955 - 0x20003 The Installation failed in SAFE_OS...
  8. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Error: I've tried to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate 6 times, and every time I get this error: "We couldn't install Windows 10 We've set your PC back to the way it was before you started installing Windows 10 0x800F0955 - 0x20003 The Installation...
  9. Error Message when Upgrading Windows 10 from 1607 to 1803

Error Message when Upgrading Windows 10 from 1607 to 1803: I get the following error message when trying to update from my current version of Windows 10 version 1607 to version 1803: [ATTACH] I have spent hours on the phone with Microsoft Help Desk folks, but no luck finding a solution other than wipe my computer to install the...
  10. Upgrade from windows 7 Error

Upgrade from windows 7 Error: Hi all I have a Dell Optiplex 3020. It had Windows 7 Pro on it before I upgraded to Windows 10 The upgrade seemed to go OK and I could boot once after the upgrade. But then the system crashed with the screen flashing. I rebooted and I get a message Automatic Repair. Your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgradind windows 7 to windows 10 error message

2. error message when upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10