Windows 10: Error message whilst clean installing windows 10 [could not configure]

Discus and support Error message whilst clean installing windows 10 [could not configure] in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. i am new here and i was wondering if anyone could help me out on the dilemma that i am going through. recently, my PC was running really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nbnrem, Mar 28, 2017.

1. nbnrem Win User

Error message whilst clean installing windows 10 [could not configure]

Hello.

i am new here and i was wondering if anyone could help me out on the dilemma that i am going through.

recently, my PC was running really odd, I updated my windows, but then it didnt update it properly and my PC wouldnt even power up. But that got solved and my windows was updated. But then it started acting really weired like Chrome would crash, my games would randomly Crash and so on.

So i decided to clean install my OS and i formatted my only SSD and tried to reinstall windows 10, but after a while it came up with an error message syaing the following

"Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation"

I did what the above message said but my it keeps repeating the process, and i cant really go into another OS since everything is wiped from my SSD.

So i was wondering if anyone could give me an indication what is happening or what i could do?

tl;dr
    PC shat it self, tried clean installing, error message pops up saying windows could not configure. Any help please?

:)

nbnrem, Mar 28, 2017
  2. JamesLL76 Win User

Windows 10 installation error message

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate, at 40% installed the following error message appeared:

“Windows could not configure one or more system components.
    To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation.

I restarted the computer and restarted the installation and received the same error message. There was no suggestion as to which system components could not be installed.

What should I do to install Windows 10?

Thank you for your assistance.

Jim

JamesLL76, Mar 28, 2017
  3. I keep getting “Windows could not update the computers boot configuration” when attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709

I am attempting upgrade or perform a clean install, but I keep getting this error “Windows could not update the computers boot configuration. installation cannot proceed”.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Error message whilst clean installing windows 10 [could not configure]

Hi nbnrem. Welcome to the TenForums @nbnrem

Could I recommend you follow this tutorial. Watch the warnings re your bios. I assume you made your install media by using Microsoft's Media creator.

Clean Install Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 28, 2017
  5. nbnrem Win User
    I have tried but i think there is something wrong with my SSD mauybe.

Should i diskpart in order to completely wipe data off my SSD and try again?

nbnrem, Mar 28, 2017
  6. You could try that.

Please fill in System Specs at

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

It will be easier for members to help if they know machine / MB specifics. Is this a newer device and are you booting UEFI or an older machine.

Also if you could quote actually error. message.

I will be offline for the next week but some very smart people here.

Caledon Ken, Mar 28, 2017
  7. nbnrem Win User
    Hello ken, thanks for the replies

I have tried disk part, plus recreating the bootable USB and it worked fine, i think the bootable usb wasnt created correctly and some files couldnt be written or something when on whilst creating it the first time.

If anything happens in the near future, i will make sure to come back here for some helpful knowledge.

Thanks

nbnrem, Mar 29, 2017
  8. Error message whilst clean installing windows 10 [could not configure]

Great. Thanks for posting your solution. Lots of really good people here always willing to help.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Error message whilst clean installing windows 10 [could not configure]

1. Error message whilst clean installing windows 10 [could not configure] - Similar Threads - Error message whilst

2. Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not be installed, please restart the installation & Defaultuser0 - Error message: Hello:I've been having these issues for a while and it bothers me a lot. I received an error message after I reset my laptop that windows could not be installed so I followed its the instruction to restart my laptop and try to redo it again, but it's just not working and it...
  3. Windows 10 clean install error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 clean install error message: Your device does not meet the requirments for standard hardware security. HP Pavillion laptop. Complete clean reinstall, had same before with no issues....
  4. Windows Could not Finish Configuring the System’ Error Message on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Could not Finish Configuring the System’ Error Message on Windows 10: Hi I am facing serious issue while doing ISO Image of windows 10 in laptop dell using USB recovery option. Everything went accordingly but get into error from the following steps. 1. From the following capture, it automatically selects to default with in 2 sec,tried even...
  5. Windows error message whilst reinstalling windows 10 with sub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows error message whilst reinstalling windows 10 with sub: Hey, I have tried reinstalling windows 10 after a ran a virus. i tried factory resetting but that did not work. so i tried reinstalling. And i got to the install section. Pressed custom. deleted partitions. and got a error message stating it could not be installed. How do i...
  6. Will i get a error message whilst reinstalling windows 10 with usb?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will i get a error message whilst reinstalling windows 10 with usb?: Hey, I need to reset my PC as i ran a virus which corrupted a bunch of important windows files. I can still boot up. but my lan cable does not work. and i have activate windows watermark. i tried to factory reset and go system restore but my backup got deleted. So i was...
  7. Configuring RAID in BIOS for clean Windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Configuring RAID in BIOS for clean Windows 10 installation.: Hi everyone! I want to do a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64 (UEFI mode) on a newly assembled PC. The only connected drive (boot drive (C:)) is the Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD-512GB. I will connect the SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe-1TB as a data drive (D:) after the OS...
  8. "This installation package could not be opened." error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This installation package could not be opened." error message: I am trying to install TI-Nspire CX Student Software, but everytime I go to run the installer, an error message pops up that reads, "This installation package could not be opened." I contacted Microsoft support because this has happened numerous times to other software, and I...
  9. Windows 10 Installation Error: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration....

Windows 10 Installation Error: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration....: My computer is Dell E5550. I bought it in 2015. It came with Windows 7. In 2016 I downloaded Windows 10 and successfully upgraded the operating system. The new system often ran into problems after updates. I have got a lot of blue screens. Several weeks ago, the problem...
  10. "Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install

"Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install: I have a problem installing Windows 10 on my tablet. When try to install, at the time to restart, shows the error message "Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer restart windows" My computer is a 2 in 1, the Acer Switch One 10, with...