Windows 10: Error message: You do not have permission to access \\Computer-B

Discus and support Error message: You do not have permission to access \\Computer-B in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro on computer-A along with a new motherboard. I'm trying to access files from other computers on my home network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AthanAdachi, May 31, 2019.

1. Error message: You do not have permission to access \\Computer-B

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro on computer-A along with a new motherboard. I'm trying to access files from other computers on my home network. I have created both shared and security permissions for Everyone on all three computers. Computer-A is on Ethernet connection as well as Computer-B. Computer-C is on WiFi connection. Computer-B and -C have windows 10 Home installed. Computer-B can access files in both Computer-A and -C in File Explorer. Computer-A can see Computer-B and -C in File Explorer, but when I click on those computers to access the files I get the error message in the subject line above. Computer-C cannot see any computer in File Explorer. Can anyone offer help so than computer-A and -C can access the files in the other two computers? I'm not to concerned about accessing other computers from computer-C, but I really need to resolve being able to access computer-B and -C from computer-A.

:)

AthanAdachi, May 31, 2019

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, May 31, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, May 31, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Error message: You do not have permission to access \\Computer-B

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Error message: You do not have permission to access \\Computer-B

1. Error message: You do not have permission to access \\Computer-B - Similar Threads - Error message permission

2. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A: I have two computers COMPUTER-A and COMPUTER-B connected to a wireless network. Everytime I try to access COMPUTER-A from COMPUTER-B I get a network error "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A. Contact your network...
  3. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A: I have two computers COMPUTER-A and COMPUTER-B connected to a wireless network. Everytime I try to access COMPUTER-A from COMPUTER-B I get a network error "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A. Contact your network...
  4. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer

"You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer: I am running Windows 10 pro on two computer. One was upgraded I call PC and the other a new laptop I call LT. I set the network to share as per the instructions and I can read my files on my PC from my LT with no problem. However when I try to go read the files under the...
  6. Network error message - Windows cannot access \\[computer]. You do not have permission...

Network error message - Windows cannot access \\[computer]. You do not have permission...: All the computers on my home network have access to each other except one which can access the others but is inaccessible to all of them. They get the "Windows cannot access \\" error message when they click on it in network file explorer. The problem arose a month or so...
  7. You Do Not Have Permission To Access \\(computer name)

You Do Not Have Permission To Access \\(computer name): I have an in-home Private network with two computers connected through an Ethernet/WiFi router. The laptop is connected via WiFi and the desktop is connected via Ethernet. The laptop has full read/write access to all folders of the desktop. However the desktop receives the...
  8. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  9. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Support
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  10. You do not have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You do not have permission to access this folder: I have recently installed Ubandu 18.10 on a rack server, and have a 400Gb+ntfs partion which I have files on, and shared that folder using samba. (I have even included a guest share in the samba setting). On both of my windows 10 machines (desktop and laptop), I can see...