Windows 10: Error message 'Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded',...

Discus and support Error message 'Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded',... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Folks: I'm trying to restore my license on jriver in order to upgrade to the latest version. In jriver, when I get a registration code that I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mattFahey, Jun 30, 2019.

1. mattFahey Win User

Error message 'Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded',...

Hi Folks:

I'm trying to restore my license on jriver in order to upgrade to the latest version. In jriver, when I get a registration code that I'm supposed to click on to download, I get the "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded".

As far as I understand the jriver program uses my default web browser, which is firefox. But I also tried using edge with the same results. When I look up this problem on the net most people fix it by changing the security settings in Internet Explorer. I have Edge and Firefox for the web, but not Internet Explorer, though I know it is still part of the internal file system. Neither Edge or Firefox have any of the settings described in the fixes posted online, and Internet Explorer doesn't appear on my lists of apps or programs. How can I remedy this?

*Original Title*

error message when I try to download jriver

:)

mattFahey, Jun 30, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

GPU-Z Won't Download

what program creates the "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded" message? antivirus? browser?

W1zzard, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Demos_sav Win User

Error message 'Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded',...

Error with downloaded file

I just downloaded the Realtek 1.84 drivers for xp from TPU and I get an error message. I redownloaded a lot of times but still nothing. I can't download it from anywhere else because everywhere else I tried i get very low transfer rate

Demos_sav, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Error message 'Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded',... - Similar Threads - Error message 'Your

2. The current webpage is trying to open a file on your computer. Do you want to allow this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The current webpage is trying to open a file on your computer. Do you want to allow this?: I got above warning when one webpage try to open a html file on local pc. How can I disable the popup warning and let webpage run the html directly?...
  3. The current webpage is trying to open a file on your computer. Do you want to allow this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The current webpage is trying to open a file on your computer. Do you want to allow this?: I got above warning when one webpage try to open a html file on local pc. How can I disable the popup warning and let webpage run the html directly?...
  4. The current webpage is trying to open a file on your computer. Do you want to allow this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...: I am getting this message after enabling BitLocker. I checked the group policy settings for BitLocker but none of them were enabled or disabled. It only says that it is not configured. Is this normal? How to get rid of this message?...
  6. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...: I am getting this message after enabling BitLocker. I checked the group policy settings for BitLocker but none of them were enabled or disabled. It only says that it is not configured. Is this normal? How to get rid of this message?...
  7. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded

in Windows 10 News
    Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded: [ATTACH]If you encounter the error message “Your current security settings do not allow this […] This article Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Your security settings do not allow this application to be installed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your security settings do not allow this application to be installed: I have a new PC. I have a new version of windows 10. I have a MS subscription. However my attempts to install MS Office fail. It appears to be something to do with security settings but I have no idea how to fix this. If I can't install Office there is little point in paying...
  10. Error message downloading a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message downloading a file: adobe acrobat reader could not open encrypted _cnm_ 17 pmap because it is either not a supported file type or https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-downloading-a-file/4851ec35-a8fd-4ab4-b5e6-04fd65998af4"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded