Windows 10: error message

Discus and support error message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting an error message c:\windows\system32\MSVCP 140.dll, how to I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mary Jo McArdle, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:53 PM.

1. error message

I am getting an error message c:\windows\system32\MSVCP 140.dll, how to I fix it?

:)

Mary Jo McArdle, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:53 PM

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

4. n2bn2b Win User

error message

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

Thema:

error message

1. error message - Similar Threads - error message

2. Error Message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Message: I must admit I'm not very tech savvy but I keep getting error msg on start-up: "Windows cannot find C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_15.64.80.0_x86_kzf8qxf38zg5c\Skype\Skype.exe". I don't use and don't want to Skype. How do I get rid of this error message?...
  3. TW5-101-0x0 Error Message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TW5-101-0x0 Error Message: Dear Microsoft, I Uninstalled my Brother printer from settings/apps. Every time I restart my laptop, I receive the the attached error message. How do I fix this. [ATTACH] Thanks, Fred...
  4. "The linked image cannot be dispayed" error message for image previews in Mail App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The linked image cannot be dispayed" error message for image previews in Mail App: [ATTACH] Reddit Email Messages: NO Post Preview Images appear in Microsoft Outlook ? Reddit Email Messages I receive on my Apple iPad all include a Preview Image for each featured post. When I receive that same email message on my Windows 10 desktop PC using mail app,...
  5. System restore/recovery error message 0x81000203

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore/recovery error message 0x81000203: I cannot set a restore point nor open recovery. I get error message 0x81000203. Running Windows 10 Home with all current updates. Cannot find System Restore in registry, nor Windows NT folder....
  6. Windows 10 error message.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 error message.: When I restart Windows 10 I get a error message saying, C\:Program Files/WindowsApps\B9ECEFD6FAsusQuickLaunch_2.0.4.0_x64_qmba6cd70vzyy\.... What does this mean and how do I resolve this issue.?...
  7. Error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message: Everytime i turn on my laptop this error message pops up[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message/40250a36-d34b-4779-b292-2c712f5418b3
  8. How to solve windows 10 pro v2004 update error message 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to solve windows 10 pro v2004 update error message 0x80070424: I cannot update my windows 10 pro v2004 (OS build 19041.508)I received the error message code 0x80070424, I tried the trouble shooter but it did not help tried also to install the update manually the same error message appeared. 166476
  9. boot error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    boot error message: Upon boot up, I get this message: "we are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later." After a few minutes it changes to the correct account. How do I get it to boot to the correct account?...
  10. windows 10 acer desktop - won't boot - error message says "we will reboot for you" but it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 acer desktop - won't boot - error message says "we will reboot for you" but it...: My newer Windows 10 PC worked fine when I shut it off last night, but having issues this morning. I am now using my old XP machine. Got a message that said "we will reboot it for you" but it didn't happen. I tried shutting it on and off several times, but no luck. If I...