Windows 10: Error Message

Discus and support Error Message in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I must admit I'm not very tech savvy but I keep getting error msg on start-up: "Windows cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BudCapps, Oct 19, 2020.

1. BudCapps Win User

Error Message

I must admit I'm not very tech savvy but I keep getting error msg on start-up:

"Windows cannot find C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_15.64.80.0_x86_kzf8qxf38zg5c\Skype\Skype.exe". I don't use and don't want to Skype. How do I get rid of this error message?

:)

BudCapps, Oct 19, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Oct 19, 2020
  4. n2bn2b Win User

Error Message

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Error Message

1. Error Message - Similar Threads - Error Message

2. Getting A Weird Error Message From Context Menu...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting A Weird Error Message From Context Menu...: So, When I right click and select display or personalization, an error message pops up saying this:[ATTACH] I honestly don't know what to do, also, when I right click "My PC" and choose properties, nothing comes up. I asked reddit this and everyone commented that they never...
  3. PC connected to the internet, but still getting the sign on error message, "Your PC is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC connected to the internet, but still getting the sign on error message, "Your PC is...: I have tried holding shift and restarting to enter through safe mode and it just boots normally. I have gone through every password i think I've ever used on this PC and none of them work. Microsoft has literally made my Surface Pro a brick with this issue. Any help would be...
  4. My computer is now giving me error message it says go to windows.com /stop code and it just...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is now giving me error message it says go to windows.com /stop code and it just...: my computer is ho all in one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-now-giving-me-error-message-it-says/cd3c6503-ebab-40d0-bc31-64cf555f92da
  5. A lot of error messages saying no such interface supported keeps popping up.. I tried a lot...

in Windows 10 Customization
    A lot of error messages saying no such interface supported keeps popping up.. I tried a lot...: I have been facing this problem for quite a while..even when I switch on my laptop these kind of errors pops up... It's started when I edited my registry for fixing the exe file issue. Since then I tried a lot of fix.. But none worked... Could someone help me out? [ATTACH]...
  6. Device stuck on blue screen error message KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR

Device stuck on blue screen error message KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR: Device wont restart after error message KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR Cannot shut it down or restart. Stuck on blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-stuck-on-blue-screen-error-message-kernel/5e70994b-ab50-4ef0-9307-251c8b50b739
  7. Error message Couldn't download.....virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error message Couldn't download.....virus scan failed: After a Windows update I am suddenly unable to download files..... this is applicable for all websites and all browsers..... please help me resolve this....
  8. Help with Win 10 Home restore from USB giving error Error shown in this message text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with Win 10 Home restore from USB giving error Error shown in this message text: Intel Core i7-10750H 6 cores / 12 threads 2 x 16GB Module DDR4 SODIMM 2666Mhz C18 VENGEANCE 17" Full HD 1920 x 1080 screen VIDIA GeForce GTX1650 graphics card Samsung 500GB NVMe OS drive Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB M.2 NVMe Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5” SATA 3D Nand SSD/Solid...
  9. I’m getting the “Reboot and select proper boot drive” error message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m getting the “Reboot and select proper boot drive” error message: I have an SSD with the OS, but it isn’t showing up in bios in “Boot Option”, only my HDD is (It also says “disabled”). Does this mean my SSD died? I have some important schoolwork saved on my ssd, is there any way to check if it still works? Edit: In boot override my ssd...
  10. Win10, can't login: Error message:"the number of connections to this computer is limited...

Win10, can't login: Error message:"the number of connections to this computer is limited...: Hi, When trying to log in to a WIN 10 PC which serves as an HMI for a machine I get the message "The number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections are in use right now. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Version 1607. The issue occurred yesterday after...