Windows 10: Error messages being received

Discus and support Error messages being received in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am currently running Windows10 Professional version 1903 - Build 18362.778 A number of times during the past week I have had a message appear on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bluenose1940, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Error messages being received

I am currently running Windows10 Professional version 1903 - Build 18362.778

A number of times during the past week I have had a message appear on my desktop.
    Can anyone tell me what it is please and is it anything I need to be concerned about or, is there anything that I need to do to stop it from appearing.

I have also had messages appear in the bottom right hand corner of my monitor. This message says that Windows defender has recognised virus threats and I need to take action. I've only remembered this because one just appeared after I logged-on just now. When i looked yesterday there were a number that were labelled as 'severe' and some as 'medium'. I seem to recall that I had the option to 'ignore' 'quarantine' or 'remove' them.
    I didn't know what I was doing so I simply removed them. I recall that the word 'trojan' was mentioned at some point.

Is all of this any cause for concern and is action needed outside of me just 'removing' them?

Here is a shot of the first error that I mentioned above. I can only describe it as looking like a 'DOS' screen

Error messages being received [​IMG]

Many thanks for any help that may be offered.

:)

Bluenose1940, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Paulieg Win User

Aquamark error message

I think I've received this error message with an gpu overclock that was too high, though it's been awhile since I've run aquamark.

Paulieg, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Error messages being received

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Error messages being received

1. Error messages being received - Similar Threads - Error messages being

2. Error messages being received

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error messages being received: I am currently running Windows10 Professional version 1903 - Build 18362.778 A number of times during the past week I have had a message appear on my desktop. Can anyone tell me what it is please and is it anything I need to be concerned about or, is there anything that I...
  3. emails not being received

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    emails not being received: My email is not receiving emails in windows 10. They are appearing on my iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-not-being-received/67d7d32a-a10d-472e-a22e-ae2fb44194c3
  4. Hotmail emails being sent are not being received

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hotmail emails being sent are not being received: Emails I am sending are not being received but they are showing as sent in my Sent Folder. This has been happening for the last few weeks. I noticed this only after sending an email with lots of attachments photo's and it was not received. I have now deleted and completely...
  5. Sent emails are not being received

in Browsers and Email
    Sent emails are not being received: I'm new to the forum and am looking for any help regarding an issue that started a few days ago. I am able to receive email messages, but when I send anything, it is only reflected in my sent file, but never reaches any recipients. I use a local email service, GVTC webmail,...
  6. Messages being returned

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messages being returned: My emails from my outlook.com address are being rejected reason given is 'Remote Server returned '550 5.7.520 Message blocked because it contains content identified as spam. AS4567' what can I do about it please...
  7. Outlook stops receiving messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook stops receiving messages: Almost daily when I go to my PC to check email, I see that at some time when I was not at my PC, Outlook has stopped receiving emails. Telling it to download does nothing. If I close Outlook, figuring that restarting will solve the problem, it will not restart. When I...
  8. Receive Text Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Receive Text Messages: My laptop has a sim card slot. And until recently I was able to receive text messages on that number within the messaging app. Since the last update I requires a connected android phone. Is there no way to recieve texts on the sim card in my laptop anymore?!...
  9. Notifications of messages received

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications of messages received: I always used to have a small orange icon on top of skype ikon with the number of messages received. Now it happens only occasionally. Most times there is no icon to show received messages. The only way I can find out if there are pending messages is to open skype....
  10. Suddenly started receiving 'Built in Administrator' error message

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Suddenly started receiving 'Built in Administrator' error message: Hi, I bought a new laptop back in March running Windows 10, did a clean install from USB and it's worked fine until 31st July when I downloaded a virus, I've now removed the virus and the laptop is clean but I've noticed today I can't open Microsoft Edge, I get the error...