Windows 10: Error messages - printer offline

Discus and support Error messages - printer offline in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer went offline around 9/12 or 13th. I've tried all the troubleshooters on Windows 10 and everything on the HP website. I have the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by auntijoan1, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Error messages - printer offline

My printer went offline around 9/12 or 13th. I've tried all the troubleshooters on Windows 10 and everything on the HP website. I have the current software and driver for the printer. I've done everything the HP tech communicated to do.

Error messages I've received:

Last USB device installed not recognized

Last USB device connected malfunctioned & Windows does not recognize it

Code 43

A request for the device descriptor failed

USB port not recognized

I've tried a different USB port on my tower and tried a new USB printer cable.

I've done all the uninstall and reinstalls HP suggested, which at this point just wants to sell me a new printer.

My printer copies, but will not print from my PC. It is a direct connection to the PC. HP model is Officejet Pro L7580. It's about 8 years old. PC is Dell Inspiron and originally had Windows 7 installed when we bought it, and also is about 8,9 years old.

It has been suggested by two sources that sometimes a Windows update download can affect printer.

Is my printer fried?

:)

auntijoan1, Oct 2, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Oct 2, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

4. Error messages - printer offline

why does my printer continue to be offline

Hi,

Thank you for posting in our Microsoft Community.

There are multiple known causes of this issue, such as third party anti-virus software, corrupted system files, outdated driver and also intermittent connections if your printer is connected wireless.

To further isolate this issue, we would like to gather more information why your printer keeps on getting offline for us to provide the best possible resolution.

• What is the current build and version of Windows installed on your computer?
    • Are there any recent software or hardware changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Where do you see the message that your printer is offline?
    • Are there any third part anti-virus application installed on your computer?
    • How is your printer connected? (Wireless/USB)

In the meantime, we suggest you run Windows Printer troubleshooter and check if that will fix the problem. Refer to the link below for suggested steps on how to fix printer problems in Windows.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

JericDale Ort, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Error messages - printer offline

1. Error messages - printer offline - Similar Threads - Error messages printer

2. Printer Error Message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Error Message: I have an HP Envy 6052 that is showing a flashing E, as in error message. The router is working just fine, my computer is saying that my printer is offline, even though the blue wifi light is on, but I cannot find the area where to fix it and the Virtual Agent is useless....
  3. Offline printer error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Offline printer error: Hi I've a problem with my hp deskjet 3700, when I connect printer to my pc he show printer it's offline and I can't print. I try to download Microsoft app but it's can't see printer, I try to remove and re add my printer but my pc not found printer I'm desperate help me...
  4. Printer offline error....

Printer offline error....: My printer that's been connected through wifi for over a year is now bringing up the error message "printer is offline" everytime I try to print something. I go to Printers and Scanners in Settings and it shows that this printer is offline, so how do I get it back online?...
  5. Printer error message

Printer error message: The actual printer is working as others in our house can print from their computer. I am not able to print and this is the message that I get when I try to print: Your printer has experienced un expected configuration problem 0x80004005 What does that mean and how do I...
  6. Printer in error state/offline

Printer in error state/offline: I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer and for the last week it will not print. It is either offline or in an error state. I have reinstalled it, turn it office, restarted my laptop and I am so frustrated. What else can I do. I am not tech savvy....
  7. Printer 'in error' message

Printer 'in error' message: Two identical Lenovo Ideapad computers running Windows 10. One prints without problem on a new HP Envy 5020 after setting up the wifi connection. The other continually fails to print and gives a message 'printer in error' message with no indication of problem or how to fix...
  8. Printer Error Message

Printer Error Message: When trying to print on my Surface Book 2, Microsoft Office document, I continue to get the following error message: Request for Current Contact Information. What does the the computer want from me??...
  9. Error message in printer

Error message in printer: When I try to print I receive error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/error-message-in-printer/e6235a10-8c19-4fa6-acff-23e7dce943e3
  10. Printer error message

Printer error message: Since the 1709 update,I get this error message every time that I reboot. The printer still works with no problem. Any Ideas? [img] 96611