Windows 10: Error messages stopping me fro doing anything with laptop

Discus and support Error messages stopping me fro doing anything with laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi would love some advice. Turned on my laptop and started getting Bad Image error messages. E.g AsusTPCenter.exe - bad image. i have been unable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hanso100, May 27, 2019.

1. Hanso100 Win User

Error messages stopping me fro doing anything with laptop

hi

would love some advice.

Turned on my laptop and started getting Bad Image error messages. E.g AsusTPCenter.exe - bad image.

i have been unable to remove it. I am locked out of my folders. Had a failed windows update which will not load at all no matter how many times i Retry. None of the troubleshooters work. No recognition of DISL or SFC scans. Won’t let me remove any apps (tried removing AVG to see if that was causing issue). Worst of all cannot even reset whole system (with or without keeping files)...it just fails everytime.

At my wit’s end. Any advice?

:)

Hanso100, May 27, 2019

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, May 27, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, May 27, 2019
  4. Paulieg Win User

BSOD error messages, assumed to be from overclocking.

The Stop 0xA message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own. This Stop message is typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Possible Resolutions:

A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update.

A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

Paulieg, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Error messages stopping me fro doing anything with laptop - Similar Threads - Error messages stopping

2. Family Permissions continue to stop me from doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Permissions continue to stop me from doing anything: Hi,In error when setting up my new computer I put my birthday in wrong, now my Microsoft account is both an Administrator and also a minor. I have to get permission from another account to open Google Chrome or download an app. Using self help from Microsoft communities, I...
  3. Family Permissions continue to stop me from doing anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Permissions continue to stop me from doing anything: Hi,In error when setting up my new computer I put my birthday in wrong, now my Microsoft account is both an Administrator and also a minor. I have to get permission from another account to open Google Chrome or download an app. Using self help from Microsoft communities, I...
  4. New Laptop won't let me do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop won't let me do anything: So I got a new laptop Dell G16 7620, charged it and updated it, tried logging in and it wouldn't let me. So I skipped for the moment to set up the rest of the computer and it wouldn't let me. After a lot of googling I got onto Windows 10 and was finally able to set up the...
  5. New Laptop won't let me do anything

New Laptop won't let me do anything: So I got a new laptop Dell G16 7620, charged it and updated it, tried logging in and it wouldn't let me. So I skipped for the moment to set up the rest of the computer and it wouldn't let me. After a lot of googling I got onto Windows 10 and was finally able to set up the...
  6. What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop.: I cannot update my computer. It's been trying to update for a couple weeks now. But won't do it. I've tried using the troubleshooters, I've tried going online downloading apps, which I can't do from the Windows. Store. But nothing has worked at all. So I'm thinking it's...
  7. What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop.

What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop.: I cannot update my computer. It's been trying to update for a couple weeks now. But won't do it. I've tried using the troubleshooters, I've tried going online downloading apps, which I can't do from the Windows. Store. But nothing has worked at all. So I'm thinking it's...
  8. Error message stops me from reading my emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message stops me from reading my emails: I keep receiving this error message in the middle of my emails. "We couldn't load this message. Please try again later. RETRY". Is this a conflict due to Windows 11?It happens with Chrome and Edge. I use my free att.net account as well as my gmail.com. Oulook had all of my...
  9. Error message stops me from reading my emails

Error message stops me from reading my emails: I keep receiving this error message in the middle of my emails. "We couldn't load this message. Please try again later. RETRY". Is this a conflict due to Windows 11?It happens with Chrome and Edge. I use my free att.net account as well as my gmail.com. Oulook had all of my...
  10. How do I stop this error message : stop Code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop this error message : stop Code: Just started to have this problem about 2 weeks ago how do I fix the stop Code problem so that my computer does not freeze esp. during zoom calls....