Windows 10: Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint

Discus and support Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently deleted a Bloomberg app from my computer using the Uninstall feature, and I also removed some pictures to free up space on my system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JenV1, Dec 19, 2020.

1. JenV1 Win User

Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint

Hello, I recently deleted a Bloomberg app from my computer using the Uninstall feature, and I also removed some pictures to free up space on my system. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out the cause of the following messages I've been receiving when opening various applications on my ThinkPad laptop:

I receive the following message when opening PowerPoint:
    "Sorry, for some reason PowerPoint couldn't load the C:\blp\API\Office Tools\BloombergUIPPT.ppa add-in."

And this one when opening Microsoft Word:

"Bloomberg Office tools folder not accessible"

Any ideas?

:)

JenV1, Dec 19, 2020
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint :)

jaydeee, Dec 19, 2020
  3. emmykiss Win User
    I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

I am working in Windows 10 home version 1909.
    Can not afford an upgrade.
    My Office files are old, dont know what version.
    Cant remember how I updated this laptop to Windows 10 months ago.
    PROBLEM:
    I can not open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
    I looked for my Windows old file as suggested, and it IS gone.
    Haveing a small breakdown, will step away and return in a few...ANY DIRECTIONS AND ANSWERS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!! PLEASE WRITE THEM IN STEP BY STEP FORMAT. Thankyooouuuuuuuu!

emmykiss, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

You can open old Office files with these settings | PCWorld

Maybe the steps here will let you open your old office files?

sdowney717, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint

1. Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint - Similar Threads - Error messages opening

2. error messages when using word and excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error messages when using word and excel: hello, i'm getting the error messages below when opening word and excel documentsalso, the document has "unlicensed document" at the top next to the file namei bought the home & student version a few years agoonce i find the license number, how do i correct these...
  3. powerpoint and word not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powerpoint and word not working: PowerPoint and Word not working not able to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-and-word-not-working/7ee9107d-ec65-4ec2-ad7a-991e6d8cc4b2
  4. powerpoint and word not working

powerpoint and word not working: PowerPoint and Word not working not able to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-and-word-not-working/7ee9107d-ec65-4ec2-ad7a-991e6d8cc4b2
  5. powerpoint and word not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Excel, word and Powerpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel, word and Powerpoint: I upgraded to Windows 10 but no longer have word , excel or powerpoint. I cannot open documents without these apps. How can i get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-and-powerpoint/c83a9936-e2e5-4e77-8546-b0b543435c3f"
  7. Word error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word error message: I can't access Word and keep getting an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-error-message/4008a518-0613-4c11-8829-de0741fe6c23
  8. Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides: Every time I try to open slides through PowerPoint or Word document I get a message that says "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor"....
  9. Error Messages when opening Word

Error Messages when opening Word: I'm hoping someone can point me to a way to eliminate the error messages below when my neighbor opens Word, Excel or Powerpoint. Background: I helped a neighbor upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All went well and there were no problems. They had Office XP with...
  10. MS Word opens with an error message

MS Word opens with an error message: I have a new Surface Pro 3 with MS Office 10 on it. This is a new machine (2 weeks old.) All Office programs launch properly except Word. When Word is launched (either from a desktop shortcut to the program or by clicking a Word doc) the program opens and immediately displays...