Windows 10: Error messages while posting videos on Facebook

Discus and support Error messages while posting videos on Facebook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] I've been getting this error message for the last 3 or 4 days while attempting to post videos on Facebook. I'm running Chrome as my default... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, May 6, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

Error messages while posting videos on Facebook

Error messages while posting videos on Facebook [​IMG]

I've been getting this error message for the last 3 or 4 days while attempting to post videos on Facebook. I'm running Chrome as my default browser, so I changed to Firefox but still got the same message. I've contacted Facebook re this issue for the last few days to no avail. I know this is not a Facebook forum but if anyone here can help me solve this annoying problem it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

Fred22, May 6, 2017

2. Unable to watch videos on Facebook

Hi Volk,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to watch videos on Facebook.

Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps help me to know:

1. Are you able to watch videos on other sites?

2. Do you receive any error message or code while playing the videos?

3. Which browser are you using to access Facebook?

Reply with the necessary information to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 6, 2017
  3. DuaneRS Win User
    My YouTube links in Facebook are not accessable using Edge

After changing to Win10 and Edge as my browser, I tried to post a link on my Facebook page to my recent YouTube video. When clicking on the video icon in Facebook, I get the error massage: "HTTP 403 error Microsoft Edge can not go to this page"

What settings do I need to change to allow this connection?

As other suggestions made to similar problems:

I deleted the internet history, cookies, etc.

and also tried opening it while in an InPrivate Window.

DuaneRS, May 6, 2017
  4. Error messages while posting videos on Facebook

When you log in are you being asked to Verify your account and if so, are you doing it?

Within Facebook Settings, Security, Recognized Devices, are your browsers list under "This device"?

Caledon Ken, May 6, 2017
  5. Fred22 Win User
    Hi Ken...told you I'd be back. No they have not asked for a password or any other sort of verification since I've been using Chrome. I was really surprised when I was not asked for my password on day one when logging in w/this new browser. RE the settings, etc. I'm not sure. I haven't listed Chrome anywhere in settings. I'll have to check and see.. could be the problem. I'll let you know what happens.

Fred22, May 6, 2017
  6. Fred22 Win User
    Hi Ken, I realize that the screenshot I sent yesterday was from my Chrome settings. Then I couldn't find the Settings button for Facebook. Will you look at this screenshot of my FB page and show me where the settings buttons is?

Fred22, May 7, 2017
  7. See the dark blue across top. Very right, little down arrow beside question mark.

Caledon Ken, May 7, 2017
  8. Fred22 Win User

Thanks Ken...will check it out. I think I'm getting the error message b/c I'm posting about 6 or 7 videos in a row. This may be causing the problem, b/c I waited a while then posted two new ones. I was going to log off and log back in w/my password but couldn't find the "log out" button. Is it in the same place. Thanks so much.

Fred22, May 7, 2017
  9. Fred22 Win User
    I got all the way to "Recognized Devices" and it said I had no devices listed, but no option for listing them. There's even a "Save" button but I can't find anything that shows me where to list my devices. Am i missing something here?

Fred22, May 7, 2017
  10. Yes 6 or 7 in a row likely sets off "Bot" detector. If one or two works then at least you know your limit.

Interesting. If you click on Login Alerts is it set to alert you if someone logs in from unrecognized device. Mine is on and this in turn will likely build list. Not sure why Facebook wouldn't turn this on by default.

Caledon Ken, May 7, 2017
  11. Fred22 Win User
    Yes it usually pops up on about the 4th post. I'll have check on the Login Alerts Is that in the same locations as Settings?

Fred22, May 7, 2017
  12. Yes go to Settings, then security (in facebook).

Caledon Ken, May 7, 2017
  13. Fred22 Win User

Check this out, Ken. It says I have no devices listed, but no option for listing that I can see. Do you know what I need to do from here?

Fred22, May 7, 2017
  14. Yes, go to top of that page, Login Alerts. Enable.

Now this won't change behavior when sending 6 to 7 videos. That is just Facebook dropping the hammer on Bots.

I use the login alerts and the Two-Factor Authentication, with complex passwords. Likely still not fool proof but I want every bit of security they offer working for me.

Caledon Ken, May 7, 2017
  15. Fred22 Win User
    I enabled notifications for both FB and email...still don't know how to list Chrome in the last screenshot I sent you. However, things seem to be working so no reason to fix it. I'm pretty sure you're right about posting that many videos all at one time. Tomorrow I'll post about 3, do some other things then post some more. Thanks for your kind assistance.

Fred22, May 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Error messages while posting videos on Facebook - Similar Threads - Error messages while

2. Facebook video & Skype video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook video & Skype video: I'm having weird problems using Facebook Video, Google Video & Skype Video. If I try either of these between two computers here, the video picture will come up on one but not the other. When we skyped someone from away recently, their picture would come up but the volume was...
  3. posting my photos on facebook

posting my photos on facebook: I kmow how to post works fine on Windows 7 but will not post on Windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-my-photos-on-facebook/2a0a4217-677e-435d-be8b-6afbd363cd16"
  4. Pop up error message while playing a particular game on facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up error message while playing a particular game on facebook: Every time I play a particular game on facebook a "screeching" error message pops up saying that all my files will be deleted if I don't update Windows software. Is anyone else getting this message and how did you fix the problem?...
  5. video on facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video on facebook: how do I switch on the video and microphone on facebook calls. It used to work just fine , now it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-on-facebook/3dd085d6-5dfe-4425-aa87-5d6cacc6ff97
  6. Posting a file on facebook

Posting a file on facebook: How do I post a file of photos on my family's facebook page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-a-file-on-facebook/4a2aca7c-0c33-4c17-9562-d86d9942dfaf"
  7. Not able to post to Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Not able to post to Facebook: When I try to post to FB from my desktop the window to which I'm trying to post gets dark then goes away. I switched the PC to my wife's desktop and there are no FB problems, only on my desktop. Any ideas on this one? 79334
  8. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.: I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I started posting on FB and everything worked perfectly, then one of my posts just disappeared (the primary reason I stopped...
  9. facebook video not working

in Browsers and Email
    facebook video not working: is anyone else having problems with facebook videos ? i get sound but not the picture , youtube video's work fine 22414
  10. Facebook Messages

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook Messages: I just upgraded to Windows 10. When I signed into my facebook page, all my messages are gone except for two of therm. There were at least 40 messages with friends, which I really needed. 55745

Users found this page by searching for:

1. facebook video error message

2. facebook video forum

3. error message posting video to facebook