Windows 10: Error msg: after Windows 10 free upgrade

Discus and support Error msg: after Windows 10 free upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After installing the free Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, it comes up with the following blue screen error msg: Recovery - Your PC/Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NZac20, Sep 2, 2020.

1. NZac20 Win User

Error msg: after Windows 10 free upgrade

Hi,

After installing the free Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, it comes up with the following blue screen error msg:

Recovery - Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The operating system couldnt be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors. File:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskmlexe. Error code:0xc0000e9.

I did not download a backup Windows 10 on a usb or disc ....

How can I get past this blue screen?

Sometimes it will show me another blue screen which is Startup settings but when I click on any option it brings up the above error message again???

Please help this is after I upgraded free Windows 10

Kind Regards

:)

NZac20, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Error msg: after Windows 10 free upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade failing - Error Msg WindowsUpdate_C1900101 OR WindowsUpdate_dt000

I have a Gateway ZX6980 with tons of HD space. Came with and running Windows 8; currently 8.1 with all updates installed. Received my notice to get free Windows 10 upgrade and have attempted multiple times to install but it keeps failing with Error Msg
    WindowsUpdate_C1900101 OR WindowsUpdate_dt000. Need suggestion on fixing error so I can update Windows.

CarolyneHannon, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Error msg: after Windows 10 free upgrade

1. Error msg: after Windows 10 free upgrade - Similar Threads - Error msg free

2. error msg in upgradation to window11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error msg in upgradation to window11: My laptop HP14 bs701tu has processor i3 6th gen @ 2.00GHz with 4GB RAM. It has TPM 2.0 and UEFI with secure boot enabled. Even after meeting all requrements I am getting error message that Windows11 won't run in your PC.Plz help me out.THANK YOU!...
  3. error msg in upgradation to window11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error msg in upgradation to window11: My laptop HP14 bs701tu has processor i3 6th gen @ 2.00GHz with 4GB RAM. It has TPM 2.0 and UEFI with secure boot enabled. Even after meeting all requrements I am getting error message that Windows11 won't run in your PC.Plz help me out.THANK YOU!...
  4. Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade: I have to format laptop on which My original License was for Windows 7 and I upgraded it free for Windows 10 during Microsoft "Windows 10 Upgrade free" scheme. How I will Windows 10 on formatted Laptop with License?...
  5. windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR

windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR: how do i activate windows 10 license on dell laptop that came with windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-710-free-upgrade-activation-error/47ecfa08-ee2d-4e80-b722-6410a906055b
  6. Switch or upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro error msg..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch or upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro error msg..: So I am a Windows 10 home insider and I am attempting to do the free conversion to Windows 10 pro. When I hit install see pic 1[ATTACH]It then shows the error "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade" see pic 2 [ATTACH] So how do I do this upgrade?...
  7. Error msg.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error msg.: Had error msg. that my home computer was invaded accompanied by a terrible beeping sound. Requested I call a support number 855-523-5682. Is this a legitimate error or scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-msg/88f7afd0-ef57-4e29-8a7c-aa5a0a1ca6d1"
  8. Post-Upgrade BSODs various error msg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Post-Upgrade BSODs various error msg: Attachment 87809 Dm log I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 during april this year, and experienced blue screens as well as some desktop errors, but after about a week of woes, i didn't experience any crashes until the beginning of june. It was at this point that i...
  9. Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change?

Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change?: So, I am planning on buying a new hard drive for my computer, and since Windows 10's activation is based on hardware, will I still have the free upgrade? 48242
  10. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024