Windows 10: Error msg for MSVCP140.dll

Discus and support Error msg for MSVCP140.dll in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03" applied yesterday 3/14/19 when I try to exec Powerpoint / Excel / Outlook, I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RayPeaster, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Error msg for MSVCP140.dll

After "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03" applied yesterday 3/14/19 when I try to exec Powerpoint / Excel / Outlook, I get error msg for MSVCP140.dll Bad Image

What gives, MS Word and Outlook appear to work as needed.

:)

RayPeaster, Mar 15, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

MSVCP140.dll

Hi,

This occurs when the program you are trying to run requires the MSVCP140.dll file to be present on your computer system. MSVCP140.dll is a Microsoft C Runtime Library file of size around 626 KB, located in the System32 folder, and is installed by Microsoft
    Visual Studio. If any DLL file goes missing or gets corrupted, you can see such error messages on your screen.

With that in mind, we'd like to know:

• Does it only affect a specific program?
    • Were you able to launch this program before?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the program?

If you have reinstalled the app the issue still persists, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio

here

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Themida Error - Cannot find 'MSVCP140.dll'.

Hi Caleb,

The error message Cannot find 'MSVCP140.dll' that you are getting may be due to a corrupted software on the computer. To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Perform an SFC (System File Checker) scan on the computer. This will revert the system files back to its default state. Please click this
      link and follow the instructions provided by
      ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP).
    • If the SFC scan doesn't work, kindly follow the instructions under DISM found on the same link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Mar 15, 2019
  4. C-A. PGN Win User

Error msg for MSVCP140.dll

MSVCP140.dll is missing in my Win 10

Hello, I am using for the first time a brand new OEM W10 and neither step did any good.

In addition to the MSVCP140.dll missing error I also have a VCRUNTIME140.dll missing.

C-A. PGN, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Error msg for MSVCP140.dll

1. Error msg for MSVCP140.dll - Similar Threads - Error msg MSVCP140

2. MSVCP140.dll Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSVCP140.dll Error: After installing gSyncit on my Surface Pro X, I received the following error: the procedure entry point_c_specific_handler could not be located in the dynamic link library c:/program files x86\microsoftoffice\root\office16\msvcp140.dll I have tried uninstalling and...
  3. VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll errors

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll errors: I am still get VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll errors. One of your reps told me I had to buy Windows 10 and activate to get this to stop so I could download and install Origin. Why is this happening?!...
  4. MSVCP140.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSVCP140.dll error: Hello, I keep getting an error that says "the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found" while trying to install a program. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvcp140dll-error/daff9d1e-5ed5-40ab-b344-2c478c3f7042
  5. MSVCP140.dll Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSVCP140.dll Error: Hi, After installing the latest updates to Windows 10 i.e. Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004, I am getting the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Can you please help? Thanks & Regards Rupak...
  6. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll Errors

MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll Errors: Many of my programs aren't working, I am getting two error codes when I go to open these programs, one says "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." and "The code execution cannot proceed...
  7. msvcp140.dll

msvcp140.dll: I just had an update to Windows 10 and now I am getting an error stating MSVCP140.dllis either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. I tried deleting the file but it comes back with "file is open in wlanext.exe" and am unable to delete I am unable to open any...
  8. msvcp140.dll is untrusted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msvcp140.dll is untrusted: Ive been trying to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redist but I cant because when I go to install it, it says there is an existing version of it, at first I was like alright ill go uninstall it, I go to control panel and search for it, it dosnt show up, I look up redist,...
  9. Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll error

Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll error: I recently updated to the latest version - windows 10 1809 - and now this is the message I get when I try to open the third party softwares I had(about 10 of 'em) ; Windows Warning: Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll not designed to run on Windows. ... C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll...
  10. MSVCP140.dll is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSVCP140.dll is missing: When i open a program it says: MSVCP140.dll is missing try reinstalling the app. What i can do ? pls help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvcp140dll-is-missing/bcd519b5-1b66-4428-9353-da2ca62c294f
Tags: