Windows 10: Error: msvcp140.dll is missing when launching PUBG

Discus and support Error: msvcp140.dll is missing when launching PUBG in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi team, I'm Asus laptop works on Windows 10 Home Edition (as far as I know), just two days ago, I downloaded the PUGB game. Right after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DenMark2, Sep 9, 2019.

1. DenMark2 Win User

Error: msvcp140.dll is missing when launching PUBG

Hi team,

I'm Asus laptop works on Windows 10 Home Edition (as far as I know), just two days ago, I downloaded the PUGB game.

Right after I launched that game, it just didn't run and work.

A message screen appears that says msvcp140.dll is missing. After going through different solutions over the internet, I follow this guide: https://techshali.com/fix-pubg-error-cannot-find-msvcp140-dll/

Even after downloading this new file and replacing it with Old one, still, the game doesn't work.

Seems this problem is somewhat related to my operating system on my laptop.

If you have the correct file or alternate solution, share it.

Any help is appreciated!

***Modified title from: PUBG doesn't work on my Windows 10 Home Laptop***

:)

DenMark2, Sep 9, 2019
  2. C-A. PGN Win User

MSVCP140.dll is missing in my Win 10

Hello, I am using for the first time a brand new OEM W10 and neither step did any good.

In addition to the MSVCP140.dll missing error I also have a VCRUNTIME140.dll missing.

C-A. PGN, Sep 9, 2019
  3. John Ado Win User
    MSVCP140.dll

Hi,

This occurs when the program you are trying to run requires the MSVCP140.dll file to be present on your computer system. MSVCP140.dll is a Microsoft C Runtime Library file of size around 626 KB, located in the System32 folder, and is installed by Microsoft
    Visual Studio. If any DLL file goes missing or gets corrupted, you can see such error messages on your screen.

With that in mind, we'd like to know:

• Does it only affect a specific program?
    • Were you able to launch this program before?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the program?

If you have reinstalled the app the issue still persists, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio

here

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Sep 9, 2019
  4. A AGrice Win User

Missing MSVCP140.dll file for launching a game.

Still need to locate where to find the download for msvcp140.dll missing

A AGrice, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Error: msvcp140.dll is missing when launching PUBG - Similar Threads - Error msvcp140 dll

2. msvcp140.dll missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    msvcp140.dll missing: msvcp140.dll missing and vcruntime140.dll was not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvcp140dll-missing/36a563cc-0d17-4e80-8b4d-bdd6f7422a02
  3. Missing MSVCP140.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing MSVCP140.dll: Hi, so lately i have been trying to play a game through steam and one day i load it up and it says im missing a file named msvcp140.dll.So first thing i do is look up solutions online, and so far i have found some suspicious solutions that probably will harm my computer. I...
  4. Missing MSVCP140.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing MSVCP140.dll: Hi, so lately i have been trying to play a game through steam and one day i load it up and it says im missing a file named msvcp140.dll.So first thing i do is look up solutions online, and so far i have found some suspicious solutions that probably will harm my computer. I...
  5. msvcp140.dll missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msvcp140.dll missing: so recently i installed battlefield 1 and whenever i try to run it it gives me the 'msvcp140.dll missing' error, i've reinstalled the dll file and visual studio code but both didnt work, does anyone know what else i can do?...
  6. msvcp140.dll missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msvcp140.dll missing: so recently i installed battlefield 1 and whenever i try to run it it gives me the 'msvcp140.dll missing' error, i've reinstalled the dll file and visual studio code but both didnt work, does anyone know what else i can do?...
  7. MSVCP140.dll missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSVCP140.dll missing: Dear Sir/Madam, It's shown that MSVCP140.dll file is missing on my laptop, which is a Dell Inspiron 5406 Windows 10 home i5 11th gen. I tried running the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistibutable package, but to no success as it shows I have a later version installed. I...
  8. MSVCP140.DLL Error in Windows While starting PUBG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSVCP140.DLL Error in Windows While starting PUBG: Hello MS Community! I have some issues related to windows. I would love to explain this issue in brief with history of it. I'm found of games and I have installed multiple games on my Gaming PC. My love for gaming is not new but I'm pro player of PUBG. Few days ago when I...
  9. missing msvcp140.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    missing msvcp140.dll: missing MSVCP140.dll file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-msvcp140dll/312d03e3-c627-434e-b092-4905602b22c8
  10. MSVCP140.dll is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSVCP140.dll is missing: When i open a program it says: MSVCP140.dll is missing try reinstalling the app. What i can do ? pls help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvcp140dll-is-missing/bcd519b5-1b66-4428-9353-da2ca62c294f
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msvcp140.dll game loop

2. msvcp140 dll missing error when running an encrypted exe c code