Windows 10: Error: no boot partition found

Discus and support Error: no boot partition found in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, The past couple of days my desktop PC would just stay on “shutting down” so I started holding down the power button. Today when I boot my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AceB08, Oct 23, 2020.

1. /u/AceB08 Win User

Error: no boot partition found

Hello,

The past couple of days my desktop PC would just stay on “shutting down” so I started holding down the power button.

Today when I boot my computer and after I enter my VeraCrypt password I get given a message saying “Error: No boot partition found”.

I have 2 SSDs which are raid0

Please help thank you

submitted by /u/AceB08
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AceB08, Oct 23, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Multiple Boot Managers and/or active partitions error

I don't know what you did to fix previously but with the commands above should rebuild the the partition unless the partition itself is corrupted preventing you to run those commands.
    Let's try another way:

1. Download the Macrium Rescue disk: MacRescue.iso - Google Drive
    2. Using a USB stick to create a bootable USB with: Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
    3. Boot up the PC with UEFI Mode and follow the screen shots to rebuild the EFI System partition.
      NOTE: The title must show: ..... Win PE 10 [UEFI] for step 3 to work since your Windows installed with GPT disk.
    IMPORTANT: make sure you use the correct disk in step 2, in your case is disk 1

Error: no boot partition found [​IMG]

Error: no boot partition found [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 23, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 23, 2020
  4. reverze Win User

vista boot error

Well, earlier today i was trying to setup a dual boot along with Xp and already had vista installed... so I made a partition on one of my HD's and went to install XP on it.. the instalation went back and I got an error that the CD was bad, so I rebooted and now I get the error Error Loading Operating System.. trying to figure out how to fix this.. I tryed playing in the BIOS along with using the Vista repair option but nothing helping.. my vista is on a different hard drive then where i tried to install XP to...not sure what else to do, I need to fix my boot file somehow... suggestions?

reverze, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Error: no boot partition found - Similar Threads - Error boot partition

2. Why is recovery partition not found by windows boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is recovery partition not found by windows boot: I have recently cloned my windows drive from 500GB SSD to a new 1TB MVMe SSD. In the process, my windows Recovery Environment disappeared. I have, I believe, recreated a recovery partition, but I can't get windows to see it.Reagentc /info shows it as disabled. Attempting to...
  3. Why is recovery partition not found by windows boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is recovery partition not found by windows boot: I have recently cloned my windows drive from 500GB SSD to a new 1TB MVMe SSD. In the process, my windows Recovery Environment disappeared. I have, I believe, recreated a recovery partition, but I can't get windows to see it.Reagentc /info shows it as disabled. Attempting to...
  4. boot partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot partition: Virtual Disk Service error: Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume.I am getting this error in my diskpart while cleaning my second ssd which doesnt have windows. I want to shift this current boot system,...
  5. Need help with grub partition not found error!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with grub partition not found error!: Yeah i know, standard windows user error. I wanted to get rid of ubuntu, and now i got the error: error: no such partition. Entering rescue mode... And i ALREADY looked up in the internet, and seeing, how many people are asking is really pissing of after some reading. But...
  6. mbr2gpt error: Unrecognized partition found, index 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mbr2gpt error: Unrecognized partition found, index 2: Windows 10.0.18363 I have 1 SSD (1TB) and 2 hard drives (3TB and 1TB), as per disk manager screenshot below. I was dual-booting with Win10 and Ubuntu 16.04 before a Win upgrade made the dual-boot inoperable. Disk 1 is a 1TB SSD, which is where I'm booting from. It was using...
  7. Boot device not found error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot device not found error: Hello, Im Nikeetha. Im using HP notebook, in which i got boot device not found error. So i have reinstalled the OS. But even after installing the OS , im facing the same issue. Please help me out to get rid of this issue asap...
  8. Active partition not found error after drive cloning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Active partition not found error after drive cloning: Hi everyone. I tried to clone my system drive to a backup SSD so that I could have a full bootable disk in case something went wrong. I used a sabrent 2-disk cloner to copy a system disk that had no issues onto a brand new SSD. After the cloning both drives have the "Active...
  9. Error: boot device not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: boot device not found: Boot Device not found and no optane memory either......my HP Spectra x360 convertible 15-bl112dx is not working..... I have tried videos on youtube no success. SN: 5CD7430CQM Product ID: Z4Z38UA#ABA Help please ***Modified title from: boot device not found***...
  10. Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error: I actually tried to modify the system reserved partition size so that the recent windows update can be installed without error on my hp 15ac122tu machine which is i3 5th gen. I tried to modify the size using mini partition tool by creating 500mb unallocated space and...