Windows 10: error number 15. Cannot open file. Check if drive C: is installed

Discus and support error number 15. Cannot open file. Check if drive C: is installed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; error number 15. Cannot open file. Check if drive C: is installed. Drive C is installed. Don't know why I keep getting this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamFinkel, Mar 1, 2019.

1. SamFinkel Win User

error number 15. Cannot open file. Check if drive C: is installed

error number 15. Cannot open file. Check if drive C: is installed.

Drive C is installed. Don't know why I keep getting this.

:)

SamFinkel, Mar 1, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Unable to Delete or open folder from C:\ drive

Let's check Local Disk (Cerror number 15. Cannot open file. Check if drive C: is installed :) for file system errors. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click Local Disk (Cerror number 15. Cannot open file. Check if drive C: is installed :).
    • Click Properties.
    • On the pop-up window, click Tools tab.
    • Under Error checking, click Check button.
    • Click Scan drive.
    • Wait until scan process is finished.
    • Follow on-screen prompts.
    Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. error number 15. Cannot open file. Check if drive C: is installed - Similar Threads - error number Cannot

2. chkdsk error while checking C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk error while checking C: drive: Hello! 1 year ago I bought a laptop with a SSD. I tried running chkdsk Administrator, read-only on my drive today, as the performance on my laptop was very poor and programs were crashing. It always got stuck on this stage check image. Should I send it in service, or is it...
  3. chkdsk error while checking C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk error while checking C: drive: Hello! 1 year ago I bought a laptop with a SSD. I tried running chkdsk Administrator, read-only on my drive today, as the performance on my laptop was very poor and programs were crashing. It always got stuck on this stage check image. Should I send it in service, or is it...
  4. C Drive Error using Drive Error Checking Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Error using Drive Error Checking Tool: When I was starting the computer, the words "Scanning and repairing drives" appeared. When I check my C drive for errors, it says "Repair this drive, we found an error on this drive". but when I use CMD with the sfc /scannow line, it comes up "Windows Resource Protection did...
  5. C Drive Error using Drive Error Checking Tool

C Drive Error using Drive Error Checking Tool: When I was starting the computer, the words "Scanning and repairing drives" appeared. When I check my C drive for errors, it says "Repair this drive, we found an error on this drive". but when I use CMD with the sfc /scannow line, it comes up "Windows Resource Protection did...
  6. Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly: Hello, I have tried to repair my C drive after getting a message whilst my computer is booting up. However my computer says that there is an error checking the drive and when I restart my PC to repair the drive it doesn't work. My computer restarts and I check the status of...
  7. Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly: Hello, I have tried to repair my C drive after getting a message whilst my computer is booting up. However my computer says that there is an error checking the drive and when I restart my PC to repair the drive it doesn't work. My computer restarts and I check the status of...
  8. Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly

9. C drive Error checking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive Error checking: I'm having an issue with my C drive where on boot windows will do a scan and repair on the drive. This happens every time on startup no matter what.This started after I completely reset my pc through windows settings.I'm not sure what's wrong but I've tried a couple thing...
  10. error number 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error number 15: I keep getting: error number 15. Cannot open file. Check disc C: I have no problem opening any files, but this keeps showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-number-15/350e017a-580e-4593-81e2-ee6e0bfe0c51

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Error Number15