Windows 10: Error occurred during purchase product identifier not valid

Discus and support Error occurred during purchase product identifier not valid in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I've recently started having issues with Windows 10 Home. I'm getting an error in the MS Store when I try to purchase gems for a game. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Herzeleid639, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Error occurred during purchase product identifier not valid

Hello. I've recently started having issues with Windows 10 Home. I'm getting an error in the MS Store when I try to purchase gems for a game. This error is happening on more than one game, so its not just one game that is causing this issue. I get the following error when I try to do this:

Code: Error occurred during purchase product identifier not valid[/quote] I've tried the following things:

1. Reboot Laptop.
    2. Sign out of MS Store & sign back in.
    3. Perform a clean boot of windows.
    4. Disable my anti-virus & firewall to see if possibly its blocking this app from purchases.

I tried working with a MS tech person on this but they wanted remote access and I'm not entirely comfortable with that personally. I'm well versed enough that if I have instructions on what to do I do them just fine.

I have recently changed my MS account password & my password on my Laptop login. I have been able to buy gems and things in the past from the MS store with no problem.

I'm running Windows 10 Home, CPU Intel i7 2.00 processor, 16 GB RAM on a Lenovo Y40-70 laptop. I currently have McAfee for my firewall & anti-virus & CCleaner. Any help would be great. Thanks.

:)

Herzeleid639, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

'Cant validate Product'

Hi,

The error code can be due to corrupted/broken/missing components on your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If the complete error message is "cannot validate product key".
    • The Windows operating system that you're using prior to upgrading to Windows 10. Examples are Windows 7, 8, and 8.1.
    • If you're using a third-party antivirus software on your device.
    • If you're using a home/personal computer or a device that is managed by a domain/organization.
    • If you receive this error message when activating Windows 10.
    • If you've upgraded to Windows 10 via Windows Update or through USB/DVD.

In the meantime, we'd recommend using the Activation troubleshooter to try and fix the error. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

Note: If the troubleshooter didn't suffice, please reach out to our team by clicking the contact support link under the Notes section of the article.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Sep 23, 2018
  3. No product key after Windows 10 purchase

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How did you upgrade to windows 10?
    • Have you done clean install?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • From where have you purchased the Windows 10?
    If you have purchased from online Microsoft store or any store I suggest you to contact them for the product key.

Please do let us know with more information, so that we can assist you better.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Error occurred during purchase product identifier not valid

Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Error occurred during purchase product identifier not valid

1. Error occurred during purchase product identifier not valid - Similar Threads - Error occurred during

2. Purchase could not be complete, this product could not be validated

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchase could not be complete, this product could not be validated: It always lets me buy things on roblox but suddenly it started putting this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchase-could-not-be-complete-this-product-could/168d82a3-cd70-48da-ae08-cb2b36afa231
  3. Purchase could not be complete, this product could not be validated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase could not be complete, this product could not be validated: It always lets me buy things on roblox but suddenly it started putting this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchase-could-not-be-complete-this-product-could/168d82a3-cd70-48da-ae08-cb2b36afa231
  4. Purchase could not be complete, this product could not be validated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Purchase could not be completed product couldn’t be validated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase could not be completed product couldn’t be validated: Hello.I am having trouble trying to buy robux on Roblox Microsoft store version . Whenever I try to buy it says product has not been validated.Any advice? I have went through all old posts and troubleshoot and it hasn’t worked.I am paying via Microsoft Gift Card....
  6. Purchase could not be completed product couldn’t be validated

Purchase could not be completed product couldn’t be validated: Hello.I am having trouble trying to buy robux on Roblox Microsoft store version . Whenever I try to buy it says product has not been validated.Any advice? I have went through all old posts and troubleshoot and it hasn’t worked.I am paying via Microsoft Gift Card....
  7. Purchase could not be completed, this product could not be validated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchase could not be completed, this product could not be validated.: Whenever I try to buy in game currency for this game, it states that: ''Purchase could not be completed, this product could not be validated'', Please help....
  8. Purchase could not be completed, this product could not be validated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase could not be completed, this product could not be validated.: Whenever I try to buy in game currency for this game, it states that: ''Purchase could not be completed, this product could not be validated'', Please help....
  9. Purchase could not be completed, this product could not be validated.

10. Purchase could not be complete, this product could not be validated

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchase could not be complete, this product could not be validated: every time I try to buy Robux it says purchase could not be completed, this product could not be validated. any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchase-could-not-be-complete-this-product-could/332bce5d-9fec-401d-a1ac-31b48feea157

Users found this page by searching for:

1. product identifier not valid