Windows 10: Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before the driver update of the Synaptics SMBus Touchpad driver to version 19.5.35.47, it used to be possible to adjust scrolling settings etc. through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ehvh, Jan 21, 2020.

1. ehvh Win User

Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

Before the driver update of the Synaptics SMBus Touchpad driver to version 19.5.35.47, it used to be possible to adjust scrolling settings etc. through a ClickPad Settings tab see image.

Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store ee873087-7d45-4582-a5d6-e8a9504237b6?upload=true.jpg

Since the update, Windows is endlessly trying to install an app from the Microsoft Store called Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel.

Upon installation, however, this gives an errorcode 0x803FB005, which seems to be a widespread problem.

Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store e197c34a-b339-42fd-ab7f-233105ff6d67?upload=true.jpg

The driver update made functions as chiral scrolling impossible, which is a huge setback in the user-friendliness of the touchpad.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and managed to find a way to work around it?

:)

2. Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

Synaptics smbus touch pad on HP Pavilion laptop running windows 10 x64 update 1903

When the laptop was purchased it had windows 10 1709. the synaptic touchpad driver was the most recent and there was a control panel applet to change the settings of the touchpad.

Then came the feature update to 1903 accepted by me followed by a windows update of the synaptics driver. This resulted in the synaptics control panel software being deleted from control panel as well
    as the additional tab on the mouse applet

How can i get the touchpad control panel active again?

I was recommended to download a synaptics app from Microsoft store but i get an error downloading (only this) app

I have no problem with the driver and even the various default gestures function but I cannot access the touchpad control panel to make changes for my convenience

Thank you for any help on this issue

Mr. Keskar, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Windows Update - Rec this error: Synaptics driver update for Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad - Error 0x80070005

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptics Touchpad drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptics Touchpad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptics touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the TouchPad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

Windows 10 - Windows Update - Rec this error: Synaptics driver update for Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad - Error 0x80070005

There is no Synaptic driver under Mice and other pointing devices to uninstall. What now?

DoloresPart, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

1. Error on installing Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Error installing Synaptics

2. Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver: I followed someone's instruction at this platform to "clear" RAM, which surprisingly worked. But I found out that Synaptic Touchpad driver got deleted from my system.I wanted to download and install Synaptic touchpad driver for my system, but I was unable to do that from HP...
  3. Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver: I followed someone's instruction at this platform to "clear" RAM, which surprisingly worked. But I found out that Synaptic Touchpad driver got deleted from my system.I wanted to download and install Synaptic touchpad driver for my system, but I was unable to do that from HP...
  4. Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10

Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures control panel missing in windows 10: This had happened to some of the users including me after any windows update but no worries, I have a solution for this which will definitely work: Firstly, download the Synaptics driver SP93153 from the link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93153.exe Step...
  6. NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.: I keep getting the error : Change where you install apps This app must install to your system drive, but that's not the default. Go to Storage > Change where new content is saved, select your system drive, and retry your install. Windows is installed on my C drive along...
  7. No way to instal Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store

No way to instal Synaptics Touchpad Control Panel from Microsoft Store: For some unknown reason, the Synaptics touchpad control panel is not available anymore. I desperately need it to be able to perform one-finger scroll on my computer. Apparently, a way to solve this is to install an app from the Microsoft Store called Synaptics Touchpad...
  8. Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store: Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store I'm on the latest Windows 10. I've just installed an NVIDIA graphics card. Every day I get a popup saying NVIDIA control panel is not installed. everytime i try to download this ******* control panel app from the...
  9. Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store: I'm on the latest Windows 10. I've just installed an NVIDIA graphics card. Every day I get a popup saying NVIDIA control panel is not installed. A link in it takes me to the Microsoft Store, a page called NVIDIA Control Panel. There's a link 'Get'. When I click this link in...
  10. Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?: Synaptics smbus touch pad on HP Pavilion laptop running windows 10 x64 update 1903 When the laptop was purchased it had windows 10 1709. the synaptic touchpad driver was the most recent and there was a control panel applet to change the settings of the touchpad. Then came...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store cannot install synaptics touchpad control panel

2. Synaptics TouchPad Control Panel without microsoft store