Windows 10: error on running a game

Discus and support error on running a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Games are failed to play with the error “THIS APPLICATION REQUIRES A 3-D ACCELERATION TO RUN" and my hardware acceleration is also enabled .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mayankgarg2, Mar 1, 2019.

1. error on running a game

Games are failed to play with the error “THIS APPLICATION REQUIRES A 3-D ACCELERATION TO RUN" and my hardware acceleration is also enabled .

:)

mayankgarg2, Mar 1, 2019

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Mar 1, 2019
  4. error on running a game

0xc000007b error while trying to run games

Hi,

One possible reason as to why you're encountering this concern is due to compatibility issues with the game and the Windows 10 PC. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you download the games from the Windows Store?
    • What are the games affected?

To find out if your Windows 10 PC meets the game requirements, kindly visit this

link
    and follow the steps on how to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 PC.

If the same issue occurs after finding out that your device meets the game requirements, kindly perform the followings steps to run the games in compatibility mode:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the program, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.
    • Select the Run compatibility troubleshooter to run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Catherine Cus., Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

error on running a game

1. error on running a game - Similar Threads - error running game

2. Error running game with DirectX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error running game with DirectX: I'm trying to run "Hastune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+" and it worked for a short moment before, but when I left the screen froze so I closed it and reopened it. However, now i can't run it at all because this error code appears. "Failed to format DirectX. Format must be...
  3. Error running game with DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error running game with DirectX: I'm trying to run "Hastune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+" and it worked for a short moment before, but when I left the screen froze so I closed it and reopened it. However, now i can't run it at all because this error code appears. "Failed to format DirectX. Format must be...
  4. Game running errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game running errors: I keep getting a error that says I am using a antivirus and I don’t have one it is blocking my games so it doesn’t work and it cannot create a new character https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-running-errors/38abbb70-940e-4d78-8baa-b95fca78b84c
  5. Game running errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game running errors: I keep getting a error that says I am using a antivirus and I don’t have one it is blocking my games so it doesn’t work and it cannot create a new character https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-running-errors/38abbb70-940e-4d78-8baa-b95fca78b84c
  6. 0x00007b error when trying to run a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x00007b error when trying to run a game.: This is a new laptop, I installed Epicgames and downloaded GTA 5. I first got an error that 'msvcp140.dll is missing', then I got a 'vscruntime140.dll is missing', fixed both by downloading the DLLs for my 64 bit pc and putting them in the game folder. Now I get a '0x00007b'...
  7. Game won't run - error d11 not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game won't run - error d11 not found: I can install it, but when I click on the game, it says d11 was not found.*original title: Can you help me, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-wont-run-error-d11-not-found/7e78aa1d-418a-47a0-a455-df4fb58856ee
  8. Error when running a game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when running a game: When my daughter tries to run her game it says "The following components are required to run this program" DirectX runtime. What do I need to download or update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-running-a-game/406e5882-e7f8-4647-88dc-8181c2a16755
  9. error running a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error running a game.: so I'm trying to play this game on my pc and an error message appears " DX11 feature 10.0 is required to run this engine" my current pc has windows 10 with DirectX 12. I've seen and read many questions about this on different forums and I just can't seem to get it. Do I have...
  10. DirectX errors when running old games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX errors when running old games: Hi, A lot of my older games do not run on my new Windows 10 desktop, with errors such as "this game requires DirectX 9.0c" etc. They can run if my screen is connected to my on-board Intel graphics motherboard (albeit not a great framerate) but come up with these errors when...