Error on shutdown concerning explore.exe Application Error

Discus and support Error on shutdown concerning explore.exe Application Error in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Upon every shutdown I get the following error message: The instruction at 0x00007FFA16AFCC60 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gsimcox524, Jun 15, 2015.

1. gsimcox524 Win User

Upon every shutdown I get the following error message:
    The title bar states:
    I am running Windows 10 Build 10130. I have already tried the default troubleshooting procedures(clean boot, etc.)

I attached an image of the error below:

[​IMG]

:)

gsimcox524, Jun 15, 2015
  2. KM2017_12 Win User

Unable to open Internet Explorer 11

Fixed by Unistall & Reinstall as per article "explore.exe 0xc0000142 error after windows 10 1709 update"

KM2017_12, Jun 15, 2015
  3. JerryBobbitt Win User
    Window 10 flashing, no start menu, and now hard error

Explore.exe sysyem error

unknown hard error

have tried most of what ive seen suggested. Sfc/scannow. Tried the auto foxes. Also tried reset and it stopped both times

JerryBobbitt, Jun 15, 2015
  4. sgage Win User

Search around and you will find that this is a well-known bug and has been reported many times. If you look in Feedback, you will find it reported at least once there - you may want to upvote it. But I think MS is well aware already, and I would be very surprised if it is not fixed in 10145, which we will hopefully be seeing this week...

sgage, Jun 15, 2015
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I think it is a common bug in this version. I also experience it, and explorer crashes/becomes inaccessible for some other actions (like closing multiple explorer windows from taskbar).

Hopefully the next coming build will fix this issue.

6. gsimcox524 Win User
    Thank you. I'm looking forward to a new build*Smile

gsimcox524, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Error on shutdown concerning explore.exe Application Error - Similar Threads - Error shutdown concerning

1. Bitdefender shutdown error--

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitdefender shutdown error--: I have never consciously downloaded and installed the software. Bitdefender does not appear in Programs/Features. Search Everything only yields a .dmp file. Yet something related to the software throws an error on shutdown? Anyway to find the pieces of this...
  2. BSOD/crash playing games, memory error on shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD/crash playing games, memory error on shutdown: I recently bought and built myself a new gaming PC and have had a few issues with it. The first is that any time I shut down my computer after it was in sleep mode, it shows a memory error. The second is that with games, if I play long enough my computer either blue screens...
  3. Error eplorer.exe, 0x00007FF72AFB8732 (shutdown or restart)

in Windows 10 Support
    Error eplorer.exe, 0x00007FF72AFB8732 (shutdown or restart): Hi people, my pc give me this error when i shutdown or restart its. How can i resolve? Thanks *Smile [img] This error is at 0x000000000000030 of memory, because the memory couldn't be written. 76074
  4. Slow shutdown with event id errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow shutdown with event id errors: Windows 10 64 bit, latest version, is working fine on my Toshiba i7 laptop with 8 Gb ram. But I have problems with shutdowns when I click on restart. It seems to take far too long to shutdown. I am not sure how to find out why but when checking out the event viewer, I found...
  5. Continue automatically after Memory Referenced error on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Support
    Continue automatically after Memory Referenced error on shutdown?: Hi, I have been living in the hope that some update would address this. Now have the Creator's Update but it still is a showstopper. Ever since I installed Windows 10 originally, my system will halt on that infernal "memory referenced" error at random occasions, during...
  6. Route.exe error on shutdown.

in Windows 10 Support
    Route.exe error on shutdown.: When I shutdown I frequently see an error flash quickly on the shutdown screen telling me (I think) that route.exe cannot start. What causes this and how can I fix it? 102346
  7. CP TaskThread Error on Shutdown or Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    CP TaskThread Error on Shutdown or Reboot: HI Guys I have just started getting a warning when i shut down or reboot "CP TaskThread" is stopping you shut down!!! I cannot find out from Google or Autoruns what it is has anybody got an idea or solution? 68921