Windows 10: Error on startup because of a corrupted/missing/edited file.

Discus and support Error on startup because of a corrupted/missing/edited file. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm getting this message on startup, and some programs give an error on startup telling me my drivers are outdated/not supported.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Boeijen, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Boeijen Win User

Error on startup because of a corrupted/missing/edited file.

I'm getting this message on startup, and some programs give an error on startup telling me my drivers are outdated/not supported.

c:/windows/system32/driverstore/filerepository/nvbl.inf_amd64_a10572a657d60f40/nvldumd.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try uninstalling the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f

How do I fix this?

:)

Boeijen, Nov 20, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Error on startup because of a corrupted/missing/edited file.

windows movie maker corrupted file error

probably a computational error when previously converted, file got corrupted.

Hybrid_theory, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Error on startup because of a corrupted/missing/edited file.

1. Error on startup because of a corrupted/missing/edited file. - Similar Threads - Error startup corrupted

2. Registry files corrupt or missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry files corrupt or missing: Hello,My Windows 10 Desktop doesn't boot up because whenever I turn my computer on, it shows a blue screen with the error code 0xc000014c and claims my registry files are missing or has errors and points to the file Windows\system32\config\system. After a bit of research, I...
  3. Is it possible to repair corrupt or missing startup files without ever logging into the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to repair corrupt or missing startup files without ever logging into the...: Hello :TLDR:Dell laptop is stuck in boot loop and won't boot into recovery mode when using a recovery drive or by normal means and I can't login.Long Version:A while ago a Dell laptop of mine mysteriously crashed one morning when I went to turn it on, and it became stuck in a...
  4. Is it possible to repair corrupt or missing startup files without ever logging into the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to repair corrupt or missing startup files without ever logging into the...: Hello :TLDR:Dell laptop is stuck in boot loop and won't boot into recovery mode when using a recovery drive or by normal means and I can't login.Long Version:A while ago a Dell laptop of mine mysteriously crashed one morning when I went to turn it on, and it became stuck in a...
  5. Is it possible to repair corrupt or missing startup files without ever logging into the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <windows...: That's the message I got trying to switch on after long time an old computer with Windows 7.. I can't find the original Set Up CD, any ideas please? Many many thanks!!...
  7. "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <windows...: That's the message I got trying to switch on after long time an old computer with Windows 7.. I can't find the original Set Up CD, any ideas please? Many many thanks!!...
  8. Missing files/ Probably corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing files/ Probably corrupted: After an update I installed released some 1-2 months ago which I only installed a week after this post. Only one of two updates were successfully installed. the other one "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014697" has an "Install error -...
  9. 0xc0000017 missing/corrupted registry on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc0000017 missing/corrupted registry on startup: I started started up my computer and when i logged in it requested me to change the password. While it was changing the laptop died on me and when I started it again it keeps showing a bsod that readThe operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is...
  10. update files missing/corrupt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    update files missing/corrupt: my laptop died, and after plugging it in and turning it back on I saw an update wasn't able to install because something like "files are missing or corrupt". (it was for the flash player removal thing) It shouldn't have been automatically installing it in the first place but...