Windows 10: Error on Startup with Phantom User Account

Discus and support Error on Startup with Phantom User Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Community, I am looking for an answer to my interesting issue. Whenever I startup my desktop PC, there is a profile that the system tries to log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Deguzler, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Deguzler Win User

Error on Startup with Phantom User Account

Hi Community,

I am looking for an answer to my interesting issue.

Whenever I startup my desktop PC, there is a profile that the system tries to log into. It fails (as it was my fathers older computer) and he has since changed his passwords and such). We removed his profile from RegEdit, Control Panel and every form I can think of (and read throughout the community).

Somehow it is still there. I dont want to format and re-install windows just to remove it but, I dont know if I have any other choice (and if that will even work).

Any thoughts on what must be done?

:)

Deguzler, Oct 18, 2019
  2. AndreyT Win User

Phantom User Account

What "user list" are you talking about specifically? Where exactly do you see this extra account?

There is "User Accounts" applet in Control Panel. There's "Users" list in Computer Management applet. There is user list that drops down from your name in Start Menu (if you have Fast User Switching enabled). There is user list on Welcome screen (for interactive users). There is a list of user profiles in Advanced System Settings... Etc etc etc.

Do you see that mysterious user in all of these places? Some of them? Just one of them?

Anyway, what you are seeing must be this

oymlgoleopw user account - ESET Beta Products for Home Users - ESET Security Forum
    Unknown User Account - ESET Smart Security - ESET Security Forum

The account is created by Anti Theft feature of ESET Smart Security, if you have that feature enabled.

AndreyT, Oct 18, 2019
  3. orealius Win User
    How to Delete Phantom User Account?

I have what seems to be a phantom User Account in my Users Folder. It is not listed when I go to Settings/Accounts
    but it is showing up in Windows Explorer. It has one of my APP DATA Folders, as well. How do I delete what seems to be an unnecessary Account Folder?

orealius, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Error on Startup with Phantom User Account

Windows 10 has phantom user's account

Vjay B,

Im having the same issue.

To your questions:

1. The activity "user logoff" occurs at start up and disappears. This did not occur with Windows 8 or Windows 7 or Windows XP, or Windows 98 or Windows 95 or Windows 3.0. The Phantom user issue only occurs on the Windows 10 the free software download.

2. Mcafee provided by AOL.

3. The phantom user account is not listed under control panel account settings. The only user account is the administrator account set up when I downloaded the free software. Maybe thats why some are calling this a Phantom User.

If I can add another question? Should I uninstall Windows 10?

Tim9632587459685588558585, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Error on Startup with Phantom User Account

1. Error on Startup with Phantom User Account - Similar Threads - Error Startup Phantom

2. Get rid of phantom user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of phantom user?: According to all of the This PC folders there is a phantom user on my computer. Every folder there says it's deejh that is the user. However, I went into Command Prompt as an administrator and this is what it says are the users on my Lenovo:As you can see, there as no user...
  3. Phantom User Attached to Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phantom User Attached to Admin Account: Hi there.I've been ignoring my annoying phantom account for years now. Finally time to sort this out.I seem to have an account attached to my main admin account which windows defaults to when trying to sign in. I have to click on the only other account and enter my password.I...
  4. W10 Phantom user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Phantom user account: I recently had a catastrophic failure of my SSD C drive. I'm up and running and working fine. My main user account is "Thomas Lowe" but there is another user account listed on the C drive as "tom". Now when I install software the settings are often stored in the appdata...
  5. Error at startup and user account control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error at startup and user account control: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, Intro I'm having a few problems with my computer. Whenever I log into my computer I get a User Account Control popup asking for my permission. And after installing Adobe Creative Cloud I also get an error. User account control I have been...
  6. User startup error

in Windows 10 Customization
    User startup error: I am getting an error on bootup that says Location not available...c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\ desktop is unavailable. Two people use this computer. This is only happening with one user. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  7. Phantom account help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phantom account help: Hello, Recently a new account has been showing up on my computer that I did not create. The account goes by the name of "Jeff". The account is not password protected and when I log into it, it goes through first time set up. I have deleted this "Jeff" account multiple times...
  8. User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In: Hello, I just upgraded a laptop to Windows 10. I wanted to get rid of the Admin Privileges dialogue boxes and questions - 1 account, always Admin, never prompted about it. I also wanted to get rid of all password prompts and lockscreens. Essentially, I want a laptop I can...
  9. How to Delete Phantom User Account?

How to Delete Phantom User Account?: I have what seems to be a phantom User Account in my Users Folder. It is not listed when I go to Settings/Accounts but it is showing up in Windows Explorer. It has one of my APP DATA Folders, as well. How do I delete what seems to be an unnecessary Account Folder? 112509
  10. Phantom User Account

Phantom User Account: Hello, I upgraded my ASUS QF550/Windows 8.1 to Windows 10/Threshold II after the MS invitation. I'm also using ESET Smart Security. The upgrade went smoothly and my computer is running better than ever. However, I've noticed that a mysterious phantom user account keeps...