Windows 10: error on Windows Defender/Windows Security App reisntallation

Discus and support error on Windows Defender/Windows Security App reisntallation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I tried to reinstall Windows Defender/Windows Security App because it doesn't open and here are the results: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BabyGenjo, May 15, 2021.

1. BabyGenjo Win User

error on Windows Defender/Windows Security App reisntallation

So I tried to reinstall Windows Defender/Windows Security App because it doesn't open and here are the results: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.error 0x80073B1F: Cannot register the Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_10.0.19041.423_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy packagebecause the following error was encountered: ResourceMap Not Found.. Verify that the package's 'resources.pri' file in the package is valid.NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 13d78761-4681-0003-1eaf-e0138146d701 in the Event Log or usethe command line Get

:)

BabyGenjo, May 15, 2021

2. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, May 15, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, May 15, 2021
  4. BOW
    Bow Win User

Windows Security

Is Windows Security, Fire Wall and Defender enough to protect a system? All I use it for is games, email, and some surfin the net.

Thema:

1. error on Windows Defender/Windows Security App reisntallation - Similar Threads - error Defender Security

2. Reisntall windows and choose what to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reisntall windows and choose what to delete: I want reinstall windows 11 and i have to choose between deleting all data from windows unit or all units. I have a SSD and a HDD as storage units, deleting data from 'all units' means deleting all from SSD and HDD or only deleting all from SSD, deleting all partitions from...
  3. Reisntall windows and choose what to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reisntall windows and choose what to delete: I want reinstall windows 11 and i have to choose between deleting all data from windows unit or all units. I have a SSD and a HDD as storage units, deleting data from 'all units' means deleting all from SSD and HDD or only deleting all from SSD, deleting all partitions from...
  4. Windows Defender or security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender or security: I just purchased windows P.C but for reasons unknown to me, the windows security will not run and scan.I tried purchasing an alternative antivirus and for some reason, I was unable to install it. Have anyone ever experienced such a problem or a similar problem? Please advise...
  5. Window defender security

Window defender security: In window defender security is not working ,i will do all things but not working. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-security/eff9a1f8-4c6a-41d5-bee2-fbf669956cbf
  6. Windows Security aka Windows Defender App Problem

Windows Security aka Windows Defender App Problem: Recently I wanted to add some files in the Windows Security app exclusion list, I was able to add the files but it is not showing below the "+ Add an Exclusion"! Can anyone help me to find out the solution of this problem?? I am using Windows 10 v 20H2 Build 19042.685...
  7. Windows Security/Defender

Windows Security/Defender: Good morning. Recently, my wife uninstalled her paid antivirus software on her laptop computer and went to Windows Security Defender. It's running pretty good, except for 2 things: 1 It keeps showing "Action Is Recommended" and when she clicks on it it shows a...
  8. Windows defender/security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender/security: I am trying to change my security settings on my pc but it always tells me it has to look for a new app in the microsoft store. I look in the microsoft store but there is no Windows Defender app. I can’t change my security settings because of there being no windows defender...
  9. Windows Defender or Security denying launch of app?

Windows Defender or Security denying launch of app?: I use an app that monitors my Internet usage and reports out to a server and then to friends who see where I've been on the web. It's an accountability application that I choose to use. On November 6 at about the time 3 Security Intelligence Updates for Windows Defender...
  10. Windows Defender Security Centre Error

Windows Defender Security Centre Error: Hi Is anyone else getting this after the latest update. No matter what I do I can't clear it and if Im honest I do not even know what it means. I had the same error after the upgrade but this is a clean install and its back again. Any help much appreciated. [img]...