Windows 10: Error opening Installation Log File in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Error opening Installation Log File in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]When you attempt to install/uninstall software, an app, an update, a hotfix et al on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer and the operation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 20, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

Error opening Installation Log File in Windows 11/10

Error opening Installation Log File in Windows 11/10 [​IMG]
    When you attempt to install/uninstall software, an app, an update, a hotfix et al on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer and the operation fails, you may receive the Windows Installer error prompt with the message stating Error opening installation log file. This post provides practical suggestions that can help you resolve the error […]

This article Error opening Installation Log File in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Error opening Installation Log File in Windows 11/10

WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile Error opening Installation Log File in Windows 11/10 :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

Alec§taar, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Error opening Installation Log File in Windows 11/10

1. Error opening Installation Log File in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Error opening Installation

2. getting many errors in my windows 11 install log.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting many errors in my windows 11 install log.: I'm trying to upgrade my windows 10 to 11 and after the install hits %100 if says windows failed. Also it looks like windows installer is making a virtual drive h? My efi is on the main drive c not sure if this is normal. I see a lot of BCD errors in here. I do not see a way...
  3. getting many errors in my windows 11 install log.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting many errors in my windows 11 install log.: I'm trying to upgrade my windows 10 to 11 and after the install hits %100 if says windows failed. Also it looks like windows installer is making a virtual drive h? My efi is on the main drive c not sure if this is normal. I see a lot of BCD errors in here. I do not see a way...
  4. How to view DISM log files on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to view DISM log files on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]DISM stands for Deployment Image Servicing and Management. It is a built-in command line tool in Windows operating system developed by Microsoft. You can use the DISM tool for various purposes, like scanning and repairing corrupted system image files, getting...
  5. Error: Log file:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: Log file:...: So I own a Alienware laptop and for the last week I haven’t been able to log into my pc it currently runs on windows 10 I’m pretty sure I’ve tried restoring, resetting and whole heap of cmd in the promt and nothing seem to work. This is my error I get. Log file:...
  6. Error: Log file:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: Log file:...: So I own a Alienware laptop and for the last week I haven’t been able to log into my pc it currently runs on windows 10 I’m pretty sure I’ve tried restoring, resetting and whole heap of cmd in the promt and nothing seem to work. This is my error I get. Log file:...
  7. Error: Log file:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. “Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is...: I'm trying to install Haste, but I keep getting “Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is writable.” I've tried the restart explorer option but nothing changes. Are there any fixes to this? submitted by /u/Potahtoboy666 [link]...
  9. Error opening installation log file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error opening installation log file.: Hi, I am trying to install the AMD Ryzen Master application, however when I run the installer I get the error "Error opening installation log file." [ATTACH]...
  10. Cannot open Java install file in Window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Java install file in Window 10: I cannot open Java install file: [ATTACH] When I double-click to this program, nothing happens Here is my window infor: [ATTACH]...